V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey I need some help. We have an 02. Buell Blast. And the ignition was tore up in a wreck. I’ve got the bike to turn over again but have no fire. And I’m just wondering how I can get the fire back so I can see if it is going to run before I sink money in it. I am drawing a blank when it comes to getting fire back to the plug. Can y’all help me,?

·
Registered
1991 FLHTP
218 Posts
I don't really know anything about a Buell Blast but I would suspect the bike may have a tip over sensor (also called bank angle sensor) that has tripped. Google Buell tip over sensor or bank angle sensor.

·
Registered
1991 FLHTP
218 Posts
There is not any switch that can't be bypassed by one way or another. May be as easy as twisting wires together or cutting wires to a switch. May take diodes or resistors installed correctly. Could even take finding a new source for power or a ground. I've done all of the above installing motorcycle engines in race cars.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I bypassed the kickstand and connected the wires together on a friends Jappy bike to get him home.
Ground down a penny and stuffed it into the female ends. Taped it together.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
I bypassed the kickstand and connected the wires together on a friends Jappy bike to get him home.
Ground down a penny and stuffed it into the female ends. Taped it together.
I should have had you to help me get home. My dealer said that switch was easily corroded in damp garages. A dab of liquid electric tape would probably help on the connectors.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts