V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is where I ended up putting my tools and papers etc.
The battery is close to the same CCA as stock. Seems to do fine.
I did have to drill two small holes in the existing battery box bottom.

I

·
Registered
114 Posts
Can you show us all the stuff you can actually put in there. I like this idea a lot. Also who made your leather pouch

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you show us all the stuff you can actually put in there. I like this idea a lot. Also who made your leather pouch
This is what I have in there right now. Had a few other tools but I you know how tools walk off.
I made the pouch, It's pretty crude but serves the purpose.
I don't ride without some tools and I never could find anywhere else that was not in the way or rubbing some paint off.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'm dense. Bare with me. The battery is shorter than stock and the pouch fits on top of it in the available space?

Greg

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm dense. Bare with me. The battery is shorter than stock and the pouch fits on top of it in the available space?

Greg
Right. The batter is about 1/2 the height of the stock and that's where the space come from.
I guess I could have done a worse job with the pics if really tried. Sorry,, the site has changed since I posted any pics, a long time ago, and I was not really paying attention.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Greg
This pic shows it a little better, You can see there is a lot of space on top of the bat. Also you can see the hold down on the top of the bat.

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Looks cool-
Any extra space should be utilized, incorporated and taken advantage of.
On my FXR, we cut and redid my rear fender so found more space for a second battery In front of the rear tire.
I don’t need that set up now so use the spare old battery box for tools, etc, as mentioned.
Also, mine has a FL Type oil tank below the trans, done a couple years ago, so that’s why you don’t see the oil tank up there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts