V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swore I'd go kicking and screaming into the world of EFI, but I guess some things just can't be avoided.

My BIL has a 07 FLHsomethingorother with the PowerVision installed. Something happened and it lost it's map. Unfortunately for him, they guy that did his tune is deceased, so he wants me to reflash it. After reading the book and watching the videos, I think I've got somewhat of a grasp of what to do.

I hooked it up to the bike to get an idea of what's going on. It shows the stock map installed and 4 other maps saved. The latest map is tune #19 (I think). I'm thinking I can load #19 with the auto tune, ride it for a while, then save as #20. Then reflash the ECU and he should be good to go (I hope).

Now I admit I'm far from a professional EFI tuner. All I know is I can read plugs and jet carbs, so does the above plan look like it might work?

·
Super Moderator
2,666 Posts
I haven't used the PowerVision.Just TTS,SEPST,SERT.
However,based on my prior experience with other tuners that write to the ecm and assuming the map it was running on was the last tune,I can't see why you can't just open it up and then flash it to the ecm.

·
Registered
15,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried that, but it keeps telling me "unacceptable tune" or something like that. The only way it'll take a tune is through autotune.

I'm still a ways from getting on it, but I'll report back when I do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts