V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks,

I'm a newbie to Harleys, so cherry I'm waiting for my '02 FatBoy to arrive. I'm so excited I don't know how I'm gonna make it til the BIG DAY

While I'm chillin', I'll take a crack at this...

I too had a good family, my parents had five boys. My dad was an enlisted man, my mom was a school secretary. I guess were were poor (lower middle class) but I never new it. We never had alot but never went without...anything important.

After high school, I went to college right away...screwed around and flunked out almost immediately. I worked several different manual labor gigs, for example, I was a hoddie during the day and a bouncer a night (Cheyenne had a cool biker bar in the late 70's, but it went **** up in the early 80's). I worked like a dog but never seemed to get anywhere. Definitely no money for a nice putt.

My defining moment was a cold day in January 1983, we were putting up a stone wall and I was freezing my nutz off. I remember thinking "if I can't cut this when you're 23 how am I gonna cut it when I'm 53?" Light bulb goes on..I go back to school.

So now I'm a 23 year old freshman, I bagged my BS in five years (changed majors once). I earned a PhD in biochemistry in seven years. I'd like to say I paid my own way, but my folks helped as they could, I worked and took student loans to cover the rest.

I did a two year fellowship in Seattle then landed my current job at a major research institution on the east coast. So I got a 9-5 gig. I live in a nice house, I have a nice truck, the IRS *loves* me.

Best day of my life..Oct 9, 1994, the day I got married.

Worse day of my life.. Dec 27, 1997..my baby brother was murdered by a crack dealer. I'm not ever getting over that one.

So that its it. Some may call me a RUB but those dudes don't know me, they don't know sh*t about me. You do.

Regards,

Wyodude

PS - I orginially posted this on the end of Higmo's thread (too many barley pops!)

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
That's a very inspiring story. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum. I'm sure that you are going to find a new excitement with your Harley. Keep us posted about it and feel free to share the excitement with us. I'm excited for you.

Later,

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
Welcome,

However, you fuked up buying an '02. You should have waited and bought an '03 Anniversary model. They are all gonna be collector's items and worth thousands more than MSRP. But, I guess you did o.k., because all HD's will be water-cooled in '04.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Welcome brother Wyo!!!!! !drunk! :duh?:

·
Registered
8 Posts
welcome...

Right on Wyodude...nice to hear your story. I am a bit younger than you...but I did a stint myself in Rock Springs, Wyoming. High School that is...heeheh. My dad did a lot of riding his Harley's there and around the state...so I was in a Harley family growing up...you are amongst some of the greatest people you will ever know here! Even if it is only cyber-ly!
Anyhow....late.

ded mang

1 - 11 of 11 Posts