V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a sucker for new stuff. How I got the Vrod....

So I have already placed my order for one. I told them which ever comes in first a 500 or 750.......

They were at a dealer deal in Texas and snapped these for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
I wonder how big a tank it has? That is one thing that bugged me with the Sporty no fuel tank.

·
Premium Member
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Little Harley Street racing Ice in Aspen Colorado

·
Premium Member
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Are we seeing a possible rebirth of a 750 HD Flat tracker?

Funny you would say that. As a former hot shoer I immediately looked up the rules on my AMA member ship for pro twin.

I don't know that I could get it together to play with the young guns but I sure would love some time on the track at Daytona 2015.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Funny you would say that. As a former hot shoer I immediately looked up the rules on my AMA member ship for pro twin.

I don't know that I could get it together to play with the young guns but I sure would love some time on the track at Daytona 2015.

I am of the age group that remembers HD rule of the Flat track.
It could be the new Street could put HD in the race.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
bbally. Thanks for sharing the vid. I must admit, to me that vid of ice racing is not a very good one for the Streets performance--if they want to market it that way, put the bike up in a real competition and not just with another bike of the same cloth. It's just an advertising gimmick. I love ice racing--and the way that vid displayed the performance was more like dog sled racing.

As far as the flat track goes that bike that was shown is going to need a lot more low end grunt (or a rider that can wheel it with a knee on the ground)

Whoever made that video was targeting an image (not earned) and did a good job of masking the lack of performance IMO.

·
Premium Member
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bbally. Thanks for sharing the vid. I must admit, to me that vid of ice racing is not a very good one for the Streets performance--if they want to market it that way, put the bike up in a real competition and not just with another bike of the same cloth. It's just an advertising gimmick. I love ice racing--and the way that vid displayed the performance was more like dog sled racing.

As far as the flat track goes that bike that was shown is going to need a lot more low end grunt (or a rider that can wheel it with a knee on the ground)

Whoever made that video was targeting an image (not earned) and did a good job of masking the lack of performance IMO.

No doubt. I don't think it was done toward an AMA pro-am rider.

But for me it shows the thing can be modified and made to have fun on......

Don't know your age but a lot of us rode 250 and 350 machines across the country loaded down with a bag, some clothes, and a set of tire tools.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
No doubt. I don't think it was done toward an AMA pro-am rider.

But for me it shows the thing can be modified and made to have fun on......

Don't know your age but a lot of us rode 250 and 350 machines across the country loaded down with a bag, some clothes, and a set of tire tools.

Yes we did, and we try now to remember the good parts of it.
I remember my 250 Ducati fondly. Gun wrapper foil to replace blown fuses.
Longtime ago

·
Registered
715 Posts
50 pictures of the STREET™750 or 500 here http://www.facebook.com/groups/STREET750STREET500/. I could post them here in GALLERY but each time I have an input here I have to log in again, and yes I choosed "remember me ".
I reported that problem 3 times, no reaction from vtf. I heard through the grapevine that all responsables of vtf died over the years, only one survives, he has Alzheimer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
No surprise who made the video, Harley-Davidson has long been more concerned about beating their own drum and projecting an image to the masses who don't know any better. The image is just a smoke screen to fool everyone who can't see their only interest is the bottom line, big profits and corporate greed.

·
Super Moderator
10,494 Posts
No surprise who made the video, Harley-Davidson has long been more concerned about beating their own drum and projecting an image to the masses who don't know any better. The image is just a smoke screen to fool everyone who can't see their only interest is the bottom line, big profits and corporate greed.
I really can't think of a major corporation that doesn't can you?

·
Registered
46 Posts

I am actually curious, what do you think a corporation's true interest should be?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am actually curious, what do you think a corporation's true interest should be?
I know the truth as much as I might not like it. Lie, cheat and MAKE MONEY while trampling anyone who gets in your way. Gone are the days when you could go to your local dealer and talk to the owner and buy a set of points for a 69 FLH. Went to the dealer a few years ago and asked for a set of points and the counter person looked at me like crazy. The only crazy one was the dealer for having someone behind the counter who didn't know what points were. No loyalty for base customers who keep them afloat for years. It is nice Harley has come out with a new light weight bike but they shouldn't forget where they came from.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
I know the truth as much as I might not like it. Lie, cheat and MAKE MONEY while trampling anyone who gets in your way. Gone are the days when you could go to your local dealer and talk to the owner and buy a set of points for a 69 FLH. Went to the dealer a few years ago and asked for a set of points and the counter person looked at me like crazy. The only crazy one was the dealer for having someone behind the counter who didn't know what points were. No loyalty for base customers who keep them afloat for years. It is nice Harley has come out with a new light weight bike but they shouldn't forget where they came from.

I hear ya man. I went to the sports bar last week and started talking about Steve Grogan's 1977 season. Damn 22 year old punk taking my food order looked at me the same way.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts