V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a few more mods this past weekend. Put on a flamed front fender skirt, flamed my 9" windshield, and chrome trim around the radio. Ok, now I'm done adding things...NOT!!!








 

·
Banned
Joined
·
21,644 Posts
That sure is alot of flames. Like the metallic paint.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
michael101 said:
Where do that fender skirt come from?

It's new from HD. Not sure when it came out, but saw it for the first time this weekend. Just couldn't pass it up. I have been looking for something for the fender.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
258 Posts
trex_47e said:
It's new from HD. Not sure when it came out, but saw it for the first time this weekend. Just couldn't pass it up. I have been looking for something for the fender.

Amazing how those bas!ards know I need to spend a few more bucks on my bike......:wacko:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
michael101 said:
Amazing how those bas!ards know I need to spend a few more bucks on my bike......:wacko:

It's a plot I tell you...a plot! Just when you think your done, they pull you back in. My wife is hoping winter ends soon, so I ride it more and spend less time tinkering.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
714 Posts
As much as I like the no pinstripe, basic look of the Street Glides paint and fenders, I think sometimes it looks just a tad too basic. I think your fender addition might really be the ticket, but it's hard to tell the overall look from the small pic. Can you post another pic of the entire bike with it on?

Thanks

JagmanR
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JagmanR said:
As much as I like the no pinstripe, basic look of the Street Glides paint and fenders, I think sometimes it looks just a tad too basic. I think your fender addition might really be the ticket, but it's hard to tell the overall look from the small pic. Can you post another pic of the entire bike with it on?

Thanks

JagmanR

I'll get a new picture this week and post it.
 

·
Seasoned Prime Member
Joined
·
446 Posts
I like the plain front fender better, myself. I just spent $158 on a new S.G. fender for my FLHRI. If I put anything on it it will be painted flames!! But that's just me.....just my -2$en#e-
:thumbsup:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
178 Posts
trex_47e said:
Made a few more mods this past weekend. Put on a flamed front fender skirt, flamed my 9" windshield, and chrome trim around the radio. Ok, now I'm done adding things...NOT!!!
The clean uncluttered look is what drew me to the Street Glide. Actually it was the RK Custom that first drew my attention. I went to the dealer to buy a RK Custom and left with a Street Glide since it had the same clean look plus the fairing. I guess each to their own. This is my first Harley. I always loved the looks of them but I was not too crazy about the chrome bits and pieces on the fenders. If I ever do anything to the fender it will be a custom paint job along with the gas tank.

I see you have added mirrors to your bike. Did you have a problem with the fairing mounted mirrors? I had my inner fairing replaced under the recall because of the incorrect mirror mounting. They are better now but I'm still not crazy about the reduced rear view compared to handlebar mounted mirrors. It's a shame because I like the concept but the function stinks. I may eventually go with handlebar mounted mirrors too.

eddie
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alpha_Biker said:
I see you have added mirrors to your bike. Did you have a problem with the fairing mounted mirrors?
eddie
I replaced the faring mounted mirrors because of the Wild1 Chubby bars I put on. The new bars came up and out from stock bars, which gave me a great view of my knuckles. So I went with handlebar mounted mirrors, which gave me greater visibility too.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
178 Posts
trex_47e said:
I replaced the faring mounted mirrors because of the Wild1 Chubby bars I put on. The new bars came up and out from stock bars, which gave me a great view of my knuckles. So I went with handlebar mounted mirrors, which gave me greater visibility too.
I checked out your photo album. I didn't notice the handlebars. You sure have done quite a lot to your bike. It looks great. I have made a few changes also. You can't tell by my sig-pic. I took that picture the day I bought it. I promised myself I wasn't going to go crazy with upgrades and additions on this bike as I did on some of my others. But you know how that goes :). Before I had my inner fairing replaced all I could see in the mirrors was my hands. Now with the new fairing and the mirrors repositioned I only see about a third of my hand. Still unacceptable to me. I'm constantly moving my head around while riding to check traffic behind me. Other than that this is the best bike I have ever owned.

eddie
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,115 Posts
Great job, your bike looks good.The fender skirt is a needed addition.:thumbsup:
Nicky
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
114dog said:
Sorry, I meant the rear brake pedel. Thanks
Nah...you were right the first time. That's what happens when I answer questions before I am awake.

The Rear Brake lever is an E-Z Brake thru Kuryakyn.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top