V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!,

My story is pretty much the same as everyone elses.
I started riding in 1977 on a Suzuki TS75 after I got comfortable with riding, I moved up to a DS100 in 1979, then back down to a moped in 1981 so I could "ride" to school. When I got my DL in 1981 I bought a 1981 Kawasaki KZ550LTD. From that point forward I really began to enjoy street riding. A year later I moved up to a '82 Yamaha 750 Maxim. At that point I really started to notice harley, but could never afford one. So, until I enlisted in the AirForce, I rode my maxim whenever I could. From 1987 to 1998 I only rode a bike a few times, never lost the deisre to have one again, just didn't find "Just what I wanted". Finally, in 2002 started really looking at HD. In Dec of 2002, my dream bike came in to my local dealer. A 2003 HD SuperGlide. I was called and told that the FXD had arrived, so I went to the dealer and saw the crate.... So much for seeing it. I wanted to put a down payment foer the bike but the dealer told me since it is not entered into the computer e can't take a deposit. So I settled for thumbing through the acc. catalog. A few minutes later the owner walked by and asked If I needed some help. I told him "sure" get that FXd loaded in the computer so I could put a down payment on it. He chuckled, and said, "Its in, I just finished entering it" so out comes the checkbook and I become the proud owner of a 2003 Gunmetal Pearl FXD. During that 1st year I only out on about 5k mikes, but in the summer of 2004 I got the urge to move up. So off to the dealer I go. First thing I saw was a 2005 FLHT in Chopper Blue. Thats my bike. So I put the FXD up for sale and within 2 days it was gone. Next day I rented an Ultra Classic for the weekend. On the ride the wife and I rode to the shop and ended up putting money down on the 05 Electra Glide. I dropped the rental off on Monday and rode the new one home. I was in heaven..... SO for the last year and a half I have been experimenting with different exhaust combinations, adding chrome and the works. So, now its the end of January, and we have had a few warm days, so I have put on probably 400 miles in the past month, which is very unusual since temp in Nebraska during the month of Jan are usually20-25 Degrees for highs. A little about me, I am a 19 year military member who is looking forward to retirement in 3 years. I have enjoyed the military life, travel, deploymenst ans etc, but its time to settle down and just ride.

Take care and ride safe!!

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum CAS!! Nice intro. I too, remember when the dealer called me and said we have your bike out back. Come on over and we will give you the crow bar to open up the crate. (They were wooden back then.) I opened it up and there she sat, all sprayed with cosmoline. I helped them assemble it and we had a good time doing it.

Enjoy the boards, post up often and enjoy.

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Welcome to the board! Thank you for your service. Enjoy that Glide and spending time with us here!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts