V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello;
My name is Susan and I just turned 41 years old. I have a 1982 black shovelhead low rider. "It" all started for me when I got impatient with my then boyfriend's ideal of going for a ride. His ideal was to go from bar A to bar B and maybe bar C. That didnt work for me so I started to save up my cash and I bought a 1972 XLCH. I took the safety course on a Honda but dumped my sporty and scared myself. I put it at my dads and considered trading it in for a Honda Rebel but just couldnt bring myself to do it. A few years passed and I got a new man and he encouraged me to ride that Sporty, and ride it I did! I was riding it to a friends house to take it to Daytona Bike week and I blew up the engine. Its still in my living room waiting to be re-assembled, but I didnt want to consider going without a bike for a short riding season up here in Maine so I emptied the bank account on my new (old) low rider. I absolutley love riding it and cant wait for warmer weather to put on more miles. My good friend turned me on to this site and I really dig it. Lookin forward to many good discussions!

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Welcome to the forum Susan. You will find a lot of good information here. There are some other ladies here that I'm sure you meet.

Ride safe,

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
Welcome aboard Susan! It's great to have another ladyrider around here! Be sure to scroll down to the Ladies Lair! Enjoy yourself here and post often!:D

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
WELCOME SUE. I CAN ALSO RELATE TO THE SHORT RIDING SEASON IT SUCKS BUT WHAT CAN YOU DO.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
hey susan.. welcome to the H-D forum.. it's great to see more and more Ladies riding.. post often.. have fun and ride safe!

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Welcome Susan, all of us (the ladies included) are glad you're here...post often..............

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Welcome aboard,neighbor!

Glad you joined us Sue,great intro!! Congrats on the new/old scooter.

Fryeburg is one of my wifes & I favorite destinations,we're in Biddeford & take route 5 up.Lotsa great riding in Maine,'cept maybe when the damn tourist take over!

ENJOY the forum,it's great to get a womans perspective.
guido

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Welcome

Welcome. A great place to hang when your not out in the wind.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Welcome Sue!
I am also 41 and a lady rider. I have a 2000 883 hugger and can totally relate to your comment about "bar bikers". After a crappy winter, I need to ride as much as possible to store it up for the next winter! Post often, this is a really cool site!
TmrHrrs

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey All;
What a warm welcome during a cold season....Hey King Rider; is the Alien a hound? I see hes a prolific poster. Ha-Ha! Ill post some pics of me and my scoots as soon as possibe

·
Registered
584 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Sue. You'll enjoy it here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts