V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is John and I have been riding all sorts of bikes from Crotch Rockets to My Father In laws HD. Was born in 1970 and started riding Dirt at the age of 8. In HS i bought myself a 73 camaro and an 84 Kawasaki. I Rode that Kawa everyday be it 30 degrees or 80 degrees. Took the camaro out when it rained. Graduated HS and went on. Had to sell the kawa was not great heart loss on that. I wanted a HD and determined to get one as well.

I went on to college and lived with the Camaro. I got married and went on with my life. Dreaming of that HD that i wanted. Little did i know at the time that i was dating my now wife that her father owned a few Harley's. One day out of the blue we were talking about things in general and i mentioned that i was wanting to get a HD my Father In Law said that he had 2 Fatboys in the back in his garage. He goes on about how he has been storing these bikes for a few years. We go out to the garage and started to look over what he had. Over the next few weekends we start getting these bikes in top shape. We spent many a night tooling away at getting these running and looking good. Finally, we got them running. We took them out the next weekend and made a road trip to Austin. Visited friends and family down there and rode back to Dallas the next day. Now he says that he wants to go riding every weekend that weather permits and racing shedules permits. My Father in Law races on weekends in his GTO, but that is another story. So we go riding almost every other weekend now. He went and bought a new Fatboy last year. I got to ride it two times. We had little riding last year because of a heavy race schedule now that i am part of.

This year we started riding 3 weeks ago. My wife would usually go with us as well as my Mother in Law, but with my wife being pregnant she does not want to go riding. She is more cautious about safety and the fact that there have been quit a few riders here in accidents from stupid drivers. So she now sticks in the car. Anyhow. My father in law and i went out for a little tour last night. To my surprise we go to the HD dealership here locally. When we get there I see a familiar Impala SS. Look around and see that my Wife and mother inlaw are there at the dealer.

My F-I-L and i walked in and he walks over to the saleguy. says a few things and next thing I know he is walking out the doors to a new 2002 Fatboy. My F-I-L just bought a new one and it arrived last night. I was so excited. This means that i would be able to ride his cherry 2001 FB. We are outside looking over the new bike when George my G-I-L look at me and tosses me the keys to his 2001. He says and I qoute " Here you go. She is Yours. Treat her well. You have been eyeing her from the day i bought her. She is now yours. This is your late wedding present and a present for bringing me a grandchild soon."

I am sitting here in shock. I dont know what to say. I am so pumped right now. We drove home last night. We tooled around for another 2 hours before going home for the night. I have not slept all night and have been out to the garage 4 times last night earliest was 4 am. I could not believe it and still think it is a dream. I have been out 3 times today and went to meet my wife for lunch. Of course you know what i rode.

I am so excited. I was planning on getting myself a 2002 FB after my wife has our baby. I am so happy! I have a new baby in the garage and one on the way in 2 months. I have a wife who loves to ride and a Father In Law that just plain kicks ars.

I will post picks of my new child as soon as i can find my cf card for my digicam. BTW she is still a baby too, only 800 miles on her.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Great story, John!!!:D Congrats.

You have a pretty cool father-in-law. You're a fortunate man to have a family that supports your love of riding. A very lucky man, indeed.

Everyone here knows the feeling of excitement when you get your bike. It is kinda like getting a new baby. Ride safe...and far.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks guys. I will be getting some pictures online soon to show her off. Now to get my wife that V-Rod after she has our baby. She was as shocked as I was to get this.

Just had a nice 2 hour ride. I am SOOO THRILLED!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually yes she does. Two of them. But i think that George..my father in law will be upset if someone was to start dating them or ask them out. They are 8 and 12. If you want to wait till after highschool then i think it would be ok.:p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts