V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is a list of what I'm planning. Anyone have something similar?

-Engine Mods-
SE Stage I 103" Kit
SE "Heavy Breather" Kit
Bassani "Road Rage" 2to1 Black* update
V&H Fuel Pak

-Chassis Mods-
180 or 200 Rear Tire

What ya think?
:chopper:

·
Registered
15 Posts
skip the fuel pak and go with the hd se race tuner. find a hd dealer with a dyno and a good reputation and get a custom map.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Unfortunately, we are in Shreveport/Bossier City LA, the local Stealership (who owns the only Dynojet that I know of in the area) is somewhat lacking in my opinion.

Take your bike to Rick Farmer over at R&D Cycles, he can put your big bore kit in, tune your EFI, and do just about any custom work ya want...good labor rates too.

He rebuilt my 88 into a 103, I think he can fix up your 96 :)

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
R&D is on top of my list for doing the work. Haven't gone over there to meet those guys yet. :beer:

·
semi-retired
1,844 Posts
yuo asked

wpnssgt said:
Below is a list of what I'm planning. Anyone have something similar?

-Engine Mods-
SE Stage I 103" Kit
SE "Heavy Breather" Kit
V&H ShortShots Staggered Black
V&H Fuel Pak

-Chassis Mods-
180 or 200 Rear Tire Kit (DM Customs or HD)

What ya think?
:chopper:
was never a fan of shortshots.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking at the Bassani Road Rage 2 into 1 system. It comes in black and looks more unique than most.

·
Registered
4 Posts
A 103" build

Get heads ported & polished. A Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde difference. I have a 103" Bob ('07) with the full treatment including SERT. Walked away from every HD I've encountered....& I've got V&H big rads on that aren't getting peak numbers out of the build either. There's probably a few bigger bore, bigger H.P. bikes around here that'd trash mine. But I haven't met one yet. Before I took delivery, the dealer told me it would be "mean and snarly". No kidding. Sounds like a small top-fuel dragster at idle. Non-biker folks give this sucker a wide berth at gas pumps. They must figure it can reach out and bite. JBD

Attachments

·
Thread Ender
3,968 Posts
Just put a 180 on my Dyna. Looks tight. Let me know if you are able wedge a 200 in there.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A 180 is definate along with a set of hard saddle bags from Corbin.

·
Registered
43 Posts
johnbd said:
Get heads ported & polished. A Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde difference. I have a 103" Bob ('07) with the full treatment including SERT. Walked away from every HD I've encountered....& I've got V&H big rads on that aren't getting peak numbers out of the build either. There's probably a few bigger bore, bigger H.P. bikes around here that'd trash mine. But I haven't met one yet. Before I took delivery, the dealer told me it would be "mean and snarly". No kidding. Sounds like a small top-fuel dragster at idle. Non-biker folks give this sucker a wide berth at gas pumps. They must figure it can reach out and bite. JBD

Could you elaborate a little on what all you're using for your set up. I'm looking at redoing mine this winter & not sure what to go with.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Bob combo

Dont was't your money on the fuel pak, That thing only helps with fuel. Get a PCIII or better yet a Thunder Max. Your bike will run way better.
Im just getting ready to rip into my 07 Bob now that the weather has turned bad. Going with Stock season'd cylinders bored to 103 with SE flat top pistons and porting my stock 07 heads. Going with a 1.900 In valve 1.610 ex. Have had Andrews grind some custom cams for me also, In. dur 238 op 18 cl 40. .550 lift, Ex. dur 252 op 50 cl 22 .530 lift. Going to run a set of Woods behive springs. I have a Thunder Max already with a stage II Bigsucker air cleaner. Im just running stock head pipes with S&S chrome slash cut mufflers. Wanting to keep that look. This build should be in the 100hp 100trq ball park.
On my dyno this bike runs at 75hp and 86trq now.:corn:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts