V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my pics of the mustang on my FXR4
In a couple of the pics the color got washed out, I had a weird setting on the camera, duh

I don't like the way it fits
I'm not crazy about the look
I don't like the fact that it raised me up higher
I don't like the fact that it's too wide in the front

other than that, it's ok

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
You have got to get rid of the seat on that bike it looks awful! Thats a nice looking bike you got there. I think it would probably look better with a Corbin solo seat, if a solo is what you want.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
If ya got it from Mustang direct you have 10 days to return it with a RMA#.

I have a Mustang Vintage Solo and kinda knew before hand it was not the sleekest seat out there. On the other hand when you sit on it no-one can see the seat. Look into Mammoth Chopper, C&C, Danny Grey, Corbin....they all have some good lookin solo seats for long rides that would really look sweet on your motorbike.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
u b right

RK05]You have got to get rid of the seat on that bike it looks awful!
ya man, it's butt ugly aint it !!!!!!!!

Thats a nice looking bike you got there.
THANKS for the :thumbsup: !!!

I think it would probably look better with a Corbin solo seat, if a solo is what you want.
I think it would too !
I've decided to go back to a 2up saddle. And now I have to decide which one.
The thing about having the 2up is that it offers more flexibility.

Thanks for the input !!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the leads

GrampsWyatt said:
If ya got it from Mustang direct you have 10 days to return it with a RMA#.

I have a Mustang Vintage Solo and kinda knew before hand it was not the sleekest seat out there. On the other hand when you sit on it no-one can see the seat. Look into Mammoth Chopper, C&C, Danny Grey, Corbin....they all have some good lookin solo seats for long rides that would really look sweet on your motorbike.
Gramps THANKS for the leads on the seats, Corbin I know of, the others I'll google.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
would it look better with the pillion seat from Mustang? I had that seat on another bike and could do 1000 mile days without a problem. that seat takes about 8-10 hours in the saddle to get it to conform to you. After that, you will love it.

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
what does your butt tell you?

OK, it's not the best looking seat for your bike. Befor you get rid of it, go on an 8 hour ride. Then take it off and put on the sexy LePera or Corbin that really looks cool. Go for another 8 hour ride. When you get back I bet you'll put that Corbin or LePara up on ebay and put the Mustang back on your bike.

·
GoFast!
263 Posts
I got that seat, looks better with the passenger pillion with it. I've had a couple of better looking seats, but for comfort this one wins hands down, for me and the OL.

Attachments

·
Registered
521 Posts
I kinda like it. It has that retro "tractor Seat" look that the old bikes had. Besides, I've got one on my fatboy and I frankly don't care what anyone else thinks. My butt loves it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree Bill

Bill_FL said:
would it look better with the pillion seat from Mustang? I had that seat on another bike and could do 1000 mile days without a problem. that seat takes about 8-10 hours in the saddle to get it to conform to you. After that, you will love it.
Yeah Bill, I agree. Here is the same bike, 5 years ago.... this is a picture of the bike with a double (one piece) and it looks MUCH BETTER !!!!!!! (OL didn't like it - now she doesn't ride so much)...... I'm very seriously considering that I'm going back to a 2up and that's what I'll have. Not sure that it will be a mustang, but a 2up I'm pretty sure.
It just seems that the solo doesn't look like I thought it would in my mind.

Thanks for your input !

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Skidmark

skidmark316 said:
I got that seat, looks better with the passenger pillion with it. I've had a couple of better looking seats, but for comfort this one wins hands down, for me and the OL.
I have to agree with ya Skidmark, I know this bike looks better with a 2up saddle. Just for some reason I had a picture in my mind about how great it would look with a solo on it ......... truth is, it just doesn't. I can live with that.
I'm not gonna try to make the bike into something it's not.
AND, I have to have a saddle that RIDES, not something that LOOKS good, but that I can't stay with all day long.... and into the night if I need too :)

Thanks for posting,
Mikey

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sometimes the butt just wins

DesertRat said:
I kinda like it. It has that retro "tractor Seat" look that the old bikes had. Besides, I've got one on my fatboy and I frankly don't care what anyone else thinks. My butt loves it.
I heard dat !!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the retro look, I was sorta thinking about how much it reminded me of my old mans HD. When all they had were solo's and I used to ride with him, well he used to take me on his bike LOL. Not that I was riding then. But anyways that ole retro look is cool. But to really get that I think a guy has to go all the way, get the police type solo with springs and all that, and this bike (I dont think) will really look good that way.

Anyways, I'm mostly with you on what others think about the look. What I'm looking for is the LOOK that pleases ME, and the RIDE that I can sit on all day. When I put that package together, I'm set F**K what others think of the looks, they ain't riding her, know what I mean :-D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts