V-Twin Forum banner

281 - 300 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Yeah!!! I broke page eight! Eights and Aces!

·
Registered
271 Posts
The odometer tampering should be easy to prove or disprove as the registration should have the mileage listed at time of transfer.
Bill

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
The odometer wasn't tampered with. The guy had the trip meter on.

So let the dead rest now.

·
Banned
1,670 Posts
Holy Sh!t what a loooooong read

New to this forum and owning a harley but damn I feel like I just reached the break in point after reading this marathon post. Actually I just bought a '01 Deuce and it also has rust on bolts but I figure the guy I bought from did a piss poor job of upkeep based on cut off struts and fender scratches but all part of the gig.
Thanks for the laughs!

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
casaba said:
New to this forum and owning a harley but damn I feel like I just reached the break in point after reading this marathon post. Actually I just bought a '01 Deuce and it also has rust on bolts but I figure the guy I bought from did a piss poor job of upkeep based on cut off struts and fender scratches but all part of the gig.
Thanks for the laughs!
Welcome!

Looks like both you and your Deuce will fare a lot better than old Rusty!

:D :D :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Should I read the whole thing?

casaba said:
Thanks for the laughs!
New to the forum and saw this classic so I started at page 20 and saw post about "marathon read" so I just wondered if someone could just net this thread out for me. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
TheRidgeRunner said:
New to the forum and saw this classic so I started at page 20 and saw post about "marathon read" so I just wondered if someone could just net this thread out for me. Thanks!
Guy has rusty bolts on new Deuce... comes to us for advice... and all hell breaks loose. What else do you want to know?

Welcome!

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
breeliz said:
Guy has rusty bolts on new Deuce...

There's something really strange here. I've never heard of just the bolts rusting. Also, I tried to pull up the pictures but they aren't available.

This is strange.

If it were mine, I'd ride the durn thing anyway and polish up the rust one bolt at a time or change to stainless like some said.

Confused.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
newultraclassic said:
There's something really strange here. I've never heard of just the bolts rusting. Also, I tried to pull up the pictures but they aren't available.

This is strange.

If it were mine, I'd ride the durn thing anyway and polish up the rust one bolt at a time or change to stainless like some said.

Confused.
Just appreciate the beauty of it. There is no logic or reason to it... just the beauty of the ole Rusty Deuce.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Bank Robber
959 Posts
newultraclassic said:

This is strange.

Confused.
Hey Pops,

Go back and read the whole thing...It is well worth it. This guy was a fruit cake. He bought his deuce with 1 mile (Supposedly, cause he said the speedo had been tampered with...until he figured out he actually had it on the odometer instead) and that he never even put one mile on it. Never rode it. Just washed it in his garage and probably got a tatoo so that people that didn't live near him would know for sure, without a doubt that he was duh...duh...duh a BIKER. GREAT! :rolleyes:

Fangar

·
PUB
201 Posts
New to the forum and I can't stop laughin. You guys should have let him continue to post. I did learn I valuable lesson here. I just moved the fertelizer and chlorine to the other side of me aotu garage. Don't want any rusty nutz. But, then again, I ride a WG not a rustyDuece.

peace,

Hud

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
Trolled.

Hudman said:
New to the forum and I can't stop laughin. You guys should have let him continue to post. I did learn I valuable lesson here. I just moved the fertelizer and chlorine to the other side of me aotu garage. Don't want any rusty nutz. But, then again, I ride a WG not a rustyDuece.

peace,

Hud
My son, Fangar, and I have independently decided that we (that's you, me, Fangar and the Forum) have been roundly trolled.

Phew. :confused:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Corrosion

This is a long shot. Do you have a Battery Tender connected to the bike? Sometimes because of difficulty making connection to the battery terminals under the seat an alternate hook-up is used. One approach is to connect the positive to the solenoid terminal and the ground to the frame. While this is the same electrically, under the right conditions it is possible to get corrosion at any frame connection or fastening point. This would be similar too white powder/paste build up what you would get at a battery post.

Bookinit makes a good point about any chemicals stored in the garage. Unless the containers are sealed tight you will get the vapor in the air. You may not smell it but it’s in the air. If you have a water softener system and store the salt in the garage near the bike this would do it! Example: We do a process that uses rock salt. We get corrosion on equipment that is 250 foot from that source!

·
Registered
883 Posts
PRIMAL SCREAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

·
Registered
645 Posts
I just read this entire thread and umm.. i want my damn 20 minutes back! :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have to admit that I havn't read this whole thing and I could not open the pictures. But I have a question. Is there a CAT in the garage where this bike is stored. I have seen this before with rusted parts that seem in bad shape before their time. The cat sprays the bike the stuff rusts. I had a guy with one rusted front brake rotor on a dresser. The cat couldn't spray the side that was up against the wall, so only one was bad. just a thought

281 - 300 of 327 Posts