V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
10,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After owning several crotch rockets I decided it was time to slow down and enjoy the scenery a little. So I decided to sell off the CBR929RR and get a 2001 Indian Scout. I know a lot of people wont think this is the greatest bike ever, but I like it.. :) Maybe I will see you guys out on the Northern California roads / festivals...

http://mopar.itguyz.net/indian2.jpg

·
Registered
251 Posts
Nice bike! Indian is the other classic American cruiser. The competition between them and Harley in the early days is legendary. Look for a big comeback by Indian in 07.

·
Registered
162 Posts
yo sublime I be down the road in Lard & I ride a Victory Kingpin, where ya get the Indian? all bikes are great, some are just greater than others....

don't expect the Indian to be back before 08, bear...

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
I like it! That's a unique softail setup. Congrats!

·
06 NightTrain
289 Posts
that is a sweet bike. how many ci's is an indian?

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Hey :welcome: to the VTF. Cool paint and nice bike.

·
90 FXRS LOWRIDER
553 Posts
=devil= welcome to the dark side of existence =devil=

congrats on purchasing the american scoot {salute(

·
Banned
10,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hey thanks guys.. A couple of my MoCo riding buddies have made some remarks about not getting a harley and how the Indian's gonna be nothing but problems, etc. etc... Whatever, they like Chevies and I like Mopars too LOL, I just have to be different.. It's got an 88" S&S Evo motor on it and it rides nicer than my pals night train. I couldn't pass up on the deal on this bike. I will make the ignition relay mod to address the one well known problem with them starting and from there I will make further custom mods, like upside down forks, some different bars / mirrors / headlight etc. :) Then when the motor starts getting tired I will do some work there and get the HP up around 100-105 RWHP. This is gonna be fun.

Yo Maduro, I got her in Gilroy. Maybe I'll see you on one of the runs. I plan on going to Hollister, Redwood Run, and Pinecrest.

See you on the road!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Congrats Sublime, great looking scoot. I was real happy when Indian came back, and very sorry it didn't make it. I understand the name was purchased and Indians may be seen again. Good Luck, ride it and enjoy it!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts