V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I finally finished the 2 inch (SHOT GUN) Thunderheader. I have a 117ci in my FXDX. I have run the stock Thunderheader, and the Vance & Hines Pro pipe with competition baffle on the same dyno, and tuned both for max performance. Now Im going to run my Prototype pipe, hopefully this weekend. I will post all results soon!

· Banned
1,081 Posts
Hell, your build quality looks a tad better than Thunderheader's.
Hope it works out for ya.:clap:

· Registered
1,454 Posts
They look nice ...but don't they get in the way of the rear brake pedal?? Maybe it is just the angle of the pictures, but it looks to me as if they are aweful close,also how is the heat on your feet?

· Premium Member
340 Posts
looks great good job!!!

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They look nice ...but don't they get in the way of the rear brake pedal?? Maybe it is just the angle of the pictures, but it looks to me as if they are aweful close,also how is the heat on your feet?
Yes its close. It doesnt hit. And its not hot?? I thought it would be, and I was going to wrap the pipes, but no need.
The next pipe i will change the front radius for more overall room.

· Let er rip!
2,869 Posts
There's some info in here somewhere on bending the plates, and I think Scott at Hillside has a bolt in Thunderfinger mod.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.