V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
straightshoooter
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after all the test rides and all the commentary I pulled the trigger on my new 06 BD Chopper. After starting out wanting a pro street American Ironhorse I ended up falling in love with Choppers and eventually the Big Dog. I test rode the K9, loved the looks but not the ride. Rode the classic chopper and fell in love. It's solid black and gorgeous. I've had twenty plus bikes in my life and this one is really special. I never thought owning a chopper would be so much fun. I rode it home from the dealership and the thing literally stops traffic. I thought my custom HD's got looks; this thing is ridiculous, every man's (and woman's) envy. Let's face it, people look at this bike and say, "If only I could." The neatest thing about this bike is my wife insisted on it for an early Christmas present. I am thoroughly impressed with it so far and still can't believe how easy it is to ride and how comfortable it is. Not to mention it's incredibly fast and I haven't broken it in yet. The sixth gear is really special. 2200 RPM's on the freeway doing 70mph. Pretty fun to just stare at also.

Thanks to Ray and others for helping me decide what to buy. I love it.:chopper:

Mark

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
hey man congrats on the new ride and does your wife have a sister for any of us here....i usuallly get socks or something stupid like that......get some pics for us as well

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Alternatives?

{salute( Congrats! You are now the envy of me! Someday...

Question: did you consider any other manufacturers? such as:
American Ironhorse?
Big Bear?
Swift?
Titan?
Saxon?

These builders have good-looking, stretched-to-the-max bikes too. Ultimately, what factor drove your decision more than any other?

·
Registered
107 Posts
big dog for Xmas

Congratulations, man. I'd love to see some pics, too. There's a huge snowstorm here tonight. All there is to do is look at bikes on the net and in the garage and listen to other people's warm weather riding stories.

·
straightshoooter
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gus, I looked at a lot of bikes on the Internet and in magazines including all those you mentioned. I was able to go and see the American Ironhorse bikes, Big Dog, Swift, and Vengeance. I think it all comes down to what looks good for you and feels right. I settled on the Big Dog after talking with several guys that have them and for the most part were pretty supportive. I was all set to buy a pro street bike until I started looking and sitting on choppers. Then I test rode the Big Dog K9 and Chopper. The K9 is a great looking "stretched bike" but a lot harder to maneuver than the regular chopper. The chopper is as easy to ride as any road king I've owned. Pictures and advertisements don't do this bike any justice. It's awesome in person. Big Dog does a hell of a job with fit and finish and the components they use. I'm really happy with the bike. It literally stops traffic. Good luck.

Mark

·
straightshoooter
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brother, I'll get some pics out soon. I tried to post some the other night but they weren't the right format? I'm taking it out tomorrow after being away in Vegas for a few days. It's around 65 to 70 degrees here in CA. With no alarm, kill switch, or fork locks, I was paranoid leaving it at home in the garage with me away so I cable locked it to my garage floor while I was gone. There are no theft deterrents on this bike!

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts