V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today is the day that I will remember for quite some time. My first Harley, and not only a Harley, but what I consider to be the be all and end all of all Harley's.

Today I picked up my brand new 2003 Electra Glide Classic.

I can't stop smiling... :D

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Congrats man ! What is your rideing background?

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Stingray, I am realy happy for you, I will be getting mine in February, I hope and I know I will have tears in my eyes when I pick her up;)

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Wheres the pics? Enjoy.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well... As I am about to turn 40 this October, and have wanted a Harley since I was 10 years old, I believe I have done the manditory 30 year waiting time. All I had to do was get divorced and sell my first born. (LOL) None-the-less, I have been riding for quite sometime and figured it was about time I got what I wanted and not just what I could afford.

These are expensive suckers, but one noticable difference is EVERYTHING is real... NO FAKE Chrome like on my Yamaha's. In Canadian Dollars I was out the door for $26,000.00 or approx: $17,000.00 US. No extra's. However I am kicking myself for not buying pipes.

Now speaking of pipes.... What are the best pipes to get for this Electra Glide Classic. I am a big fan of LOUD and obnoxious! But does anything else need to be done... I have read so much and am already confused!

Rob

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Hey Stingray, welcome again! The pipes ( I take it slip on mufflers is what you are asking ), depends on what you do to the stock bike. ( Which by the way you did good on the price! )

If you do the stage 1 or 2 to the bike, I would suggest you look at both Screaming Eagle and Sampsons.

·
Still Serving...U.S. Army
160 Posts
JimmyK said:

If you do the stage 1 or 2 to the bike, I would suggest you look at both Screaming Eagle and Sampsons.
I'm looking at doing the same thing ('03 RKC). Why SE & Sampson? Price, sound, quality, blueing. Please give more details.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
targetman2000 said:

I'm looking at doing the same thing ('03 RKC). Why SE & Sampson? Price, sound, quality, blueing. Please give more details.
I had the Vance and Hines on my 00 stage 1. Good performance but never liked the sound.

Have a lot of friends running the Sampsons and that is the way I was going to go. Good performance on the slip ons and they sound nice.

My bike now has the SE stage 2 and SE Mufflers. They sound real deep and the performance is excelent.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Stingray:
Way to go Brother! Your story hit a soft spot in this old tramps heart. Sounds a lot like my own.

In 1981 I went down the divorce highway . Had a young son who the ***** did her best to turn against me over the years. Anyway split everything in her favor and went with my cash and bought a 79 Electra Glide with 1400 miles on it. Still have this scooter today although may have to let it go as I also ordered a 2003 FLHTCI. This was my first Harley and there is no feeling on earth like your first. The old beast has been good to me over the years... only been on the back of a pickup once, last year when the pickup coil puked. I've had it much longer than the present old lady and child. If I got to let it go it will indeed be a sad day.
Good luck to ya and keep smiling!

Mister Breeze

"Have a good time,but get out alive!"

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
New Baby

It'll be a week this Thursaday since I picked up my new baby. I've put about 1000 kilometers on her since I brought her home, and like I said before... I just can't stop SMILING! By girlfriend thinks I'm NUTZ!!

I am leaving for Port Dover's Friday the 13th BASH at 9:30 am. So I figure by the time I get home I should have enough kilometers on her for her dreded first service... I figure in and out for about $2000.00 CDN.

Sevice
Vance & Hines Turn Down Tips
Stage 2 Kit
Labor

OUCH!

I think someone told me that the HD stands for Hundreds of Dollars.

Rob
:D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Congratulations - great bike !
Looking forward to see the pics.

Always ride safe !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts