V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
9,436 Posts
Got one of those about 5 years ago. Became disenchanted with it pretty quickly as a pocket gun. Too bulky with the cylinder. And, limited to 5 shots with long reload time. Went to a Ruger .380 that I decided is too small. Now pocketing a Kimber micro-9, the sweet spot for me.

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got one of those about 5 years ago. Became disenchanted with it pretty quickly as a pocket gun. Too bulky with the cylinder. And, limited to 5 shots with long reload time. Went to a Ruger .380 that I decided is too small. Now pocketing a Kimber micro-9, the sweet spot for me.
I hear ya but I have ridden with a guy that has basically the same frame but his is a 357 and the frame is scandium, also an S&W. To look at him ya can't tell he has a gun in his pocket. Besides, this would be a backup only gun as I always have something in an IWB holster.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I love revolvers and often carry a 2" 357 snub. I also carry a P3AT that conceals even better. On my wish list right now (just have to commit) is a GP100 with a 3 or 4 inch barrel and a XDS 45 3.3". I would also like to get a 4" Ruger Redhawk 44 magnum down the road. And the last handgun on my current wish list is a 1911 but not sure on the brand or barrel length.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I'm looking for a Glock 18....I think that wood be a perfect carry. :chucks:

here's one. http://www.gunbroker.com/item/613640762
Now that's funny. I'd like one of those rarities too!

Personally the G19 is preferred by the OL an me.

Wheelguns tend to be a bit bulky on my fat frame. I may consider one of the "slim" autos but I am on a diet too so that might not be necessary. Also hoping the National reciprocity bill passes.... and the suppressor bill...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Mizzou went full scale open carry with no local say if you have a CCW permit so some of my friends with a little extra table muscle could OC a revolver but most are too nervous of the social impact and reaction to it so they stick with OWB and a cover vest or shirt.

My in-shape 19 year old son with no spare tire on his waistline still hasn't carried his XDS 45 3.3 b/c his blue jeans fit too snug for IWB. It's his choice when he's not at work or college but if I'd had this opportunity 30+ years ago my Levi's would definitely have had room for IWB.

Now that's funny. I'd like one of those rarities too!

Personally the G19 is preferred by the OL an me.

Wheelguns tend to be a bit bulky on my fat frame. I may consider one of the "slim" autos but I am on a diet too so that might not be necessary. Also hoping the National reciprocity bill passes.... and the suppressor bill...

·
Laughing Poseur
5,253 Posts
Mizzou went full scale open carry with no local say if you have a CCW permit so some of my friends with a little extra table muscle could OC a revolver but most are too nervous of the social impact and reaction to it so they stick with OWB and a cover vest or shirt.

My in-shape 19 year old son with no spare tire on his waistline still hasn't carried his XDS 45 3.3 b/c his blue jeans fit too snug for IWB. It's his choice when he's not at work or college but if I'd had this opportunity 30+ years ago my Levi's would definitely have had room for IWB.
Didn't read the new law that way.....your able to conceal carry WITHOUT a concealed carry permit now....I didn't read anything about OPEN carry.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article124086724.html

·
Banned
9,436 Posts
Didn't read the new law that way.....your able to conceal carry WITHOUT a concealed carry permit now....I didn't read anything about OPEN carry.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article124086724.html
The guy may be right, there is some open carry stuff in the anyone can carry concealed deal, just not sure what. Doesn't matter to me, I think open carry is a little bit stupid, kinda defeats the whole point for me; however, it should be legal for those that are into that. Personally, I'd prefer the good citizens and criminals I might find myself around not be aware of my firearm.

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm looking for a Glock 18....I think that wood be a perfect carry. :chucks:

here's one. http://www.gunbroker.com/item/613640762
That would be sweet but requires a class 3 FFL. Thing would be money hungry for ammo but always enjoyed watching videos of them being shot.

In the meantime, my latest acquisition will be getting to the LGS early this week so looking forward to trying it out on paper. Then need to determine if I will need a pocket holster. Seems that would be not only more comfortable and draw faster but print less. Hoping they have such a holster where I can try it out.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
My 1980's vintage Model 37 Airweight Chiefs w/bobbed hammer spur is one of my most often carried revolvers. Packing it last night in fact , in a Fobus holster.

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Personally, I'd prefer the good citizens and criminals I might find myself around not be aware of my firearm.
Couldn't agree more. Recently took a couple hundred mile ride with a couple friends. When we got off of our bikes one of them took off his jacket and was wearing open carry. I make it a point to wear something that I can always be comfortable yet keep my weapons concealed. Don'd need especially bad guys to know that I have a weapon. I think to myself that if I were in a store robbery, who is the bad guy going to be checking out. Just one of many scenarios.

·
Laughing Poseur
5,253 Posts

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I hate delays. The LGS the gun was to ship to claimed they never got a response from the seller. Talked to seller yesterday after asking LGS to send their contact info again, then called seller yesterday. After getting him to research he said email from them just got in but UPS had already been by and will ship today. So now I won't get it until I guess next Monday. Argh....

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Finally got the gun today and love it. A really sweet shooting wheel gun and at 7 yards, can't ask for better shot placement. Have been on the fence about some sort of holster but since I always wear either a jacket or vest, all with inner pockets it turns out a holster won't be necessary. Without a hammer the gun pulls out flawlessly.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts