V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Harley story starts like this;

I had never owned a bike before. I have ridden friends bikes some 20 years ago but I always told myself that when I got one it would be an American legend - Harley Davidson. When my bro Fifthgear bought his new Dyna in 2000, that started my fever. So I started hinting to my wife but she didn't like the idea. I about drove her crazy when I pulled up the HD homepage and played the sound of a Harley every day for weeks. She softened up some so I asked her what color she liked. It was pearl white. I had to decide what bike I wanted. A Fatboy or a Heritage softail classic. I decided on the Heritage. I decided on the heritage since it had bags and a windshield already and they are removable. So me and the wife went to Houston looking at bikes and prices. Houston dealers were $5000 over MSRP so I went to a home town dealer and ordered a pearl white FLSTC. They said it would be about 8 months to a year. About two months later a friend at work told me that they had a limited edition FLSTC brandy wine Boneyard at the dealer so me and my wife went to look at it. She said go ahead and get that one so I asked the salesman about it. He said a man with cancer put money on it. Dang the bad luck. So I told the salesman if he changed his mind to give me a call. About two or three days later he called and said the bike is yours if you want it. So I was then the proud owner of the BONEYARD FLSTC #29 of 150.

March 7th me and Fifthgear, KrazyGG and more friends are going to Daytona for bikeweek. Hope to see some of you there.

Boneyard01

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Welcome Boneyard01,you've got good taste in motorcycles! Best of luck with it.A friend of mine has a Boneyard RK in blue,looks real good.Looking forward to your posts. guido

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Hey Boneyard, it's about time you posted. LOL. And......you and your boneyard picture are already on the forum here somewhere. Feel free to jump in and post when you got something to say. That was a good story by the way.

Hey guido, thanks for welcoming one of my riding bros to the forum.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Hey FifthGear,happy to do it! Being a new member myself I know I appreciated the welcomes I received.I'm glad I found this place,guys like you & pasadenajim make us FNG's feel like we're part of the family! Thanks. guido

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Welcome Boneyard

Its great to have you aboard!

All I can say is your are amongst a great group of people. I sure hope I can make that ride with you guys to Daytona. I will know within the next few days...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Welcome Boneyard

dprice said:
Its great to have you aboard!

All I can say is your are amongst a great group of people. I sure hope I can make that ride with you guys to Daytona. I will know within the next few days...

Thanks for the welcome. I really like this forum. I hope you can make the ride to Daytona with us. Can't wait!!! It will be fun!!

boneyard01

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome to the forum Boneyard01. Great group here. I'm sure we will be hearing from you. I am jealous of all of you that are able to make it to Daytona in March. My schedule won't permit it. Take lots of pics and share some when you get back. Dave, I hope you can work it out. I have time off in August so I am hoping to make Sturgis at least.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts