V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished a long project at work so I took a few days off last week. Went up to the family lake house on Lake Superior. Wendsday was mostly spent getting there as it's a 6 hour ride.

Thursday I spent just riding around the Up Nort roads. It was, in my opinion, the perfect day for riding. Temps around 60* and sunny skies. There is very little traffic up there but on a Thursday there was almost none. There aren't a lot of paved roads so I took one when I saw one. Put about 200 miles on that day doing nothing in a hurry.

The town our house in nearest is called Cornucopia. It has maybe 75 people and the downtown consists of this post office(shown below), a tavern called Fish Lips and a general store that almost has everything.

This next shot is taken at the marina in town. There is a fishery here and you can eat the fresh fish they bring in everyday at the tavern.

Here's a couple shots from another town on The Big Lake about 45 minutes from Cornucopia called Bayfield.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Later I rode through the National Forest. These shots were taken in the Moquah Barrens. It's where a fire came through a few years ago. Here's a video from a couple years ago of a ride through this forest. I like to open it up when I get to this area because I can see for a ways that there are no animals around.

When I got home that night I opened a beer and watched the sunset. This is Bark Bay of Lake Superior.

On the other side of the house at the same time the full moon was coming up. It's a bad shot but you can sort of see my bike right below the moon.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On Friday I went hiking to a little waterfall called Lost Creek Falls. You can climb in behind the water.

Walking around I found an area with a bunch of bear tracks. They reminded me to ba alert, both while hiking and while riding. I've seen several bears on the road the last few years. A few have been close-calls.

Sunday was a cold ride home but it was nice anyway.

That's all! Hope you enjoy!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Lee! You live in Maryland, right? There's gotta be a lot of places there similar to here. New England is on my 'places to see' list!

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No problem!

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Nice shots!:thanks:

·
scooter coot
321 Posts
Great pictures. Fantastic riding up there. I was in Lac du Flambeau last weekend raking leaves when I should have been riding. GRRRRRRRRRR

1 - 10 of 10 Posts