V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lazy 98
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first 2-wheel fix was as a five year-old passenger on the gas tank of my Dad's '66 Electroglide. Years later, after my mom made him get rid of it, I kept various dirt bikes and mini bikes in other people's garages, until I was man enough to have my own darn garage. Too many speeding tickets later, I bought my first HD (an XL883) to "slow myself down."

As I fixed oil leaks and the like, I found it fun to work on, and I started tuning it to my riding style- SE intake/TH exhaust, Andrews N4, and a lot of hit-and-miss jetting excercises. I learned a lot and got it running sweet!

Then I met the lady who pulls out onto a skinny back road while looking the wrong way. :beatdh:

While the staples and stitches were healing, my local dealer finally managed to convince me to "leave that old thing here" and get a real bike. Now, as the proud father of a carbbed 06 FLSTC, I've been watching and listening to you guys as I plan a moderate build. Thanks for being here!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Welcome To VTF Mike.:beer4u:
You have come to the right place and i'm certain you will find and recieve answers to most of your questions.
Enjoy your stay.:chopper:

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Welcome and enjoy. I hope your future rides will be safe ones along with your stay here.

good luck and ride safe.

·
Lazy 98
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mahalo for the welcome!

Thanks for the welcome-- anything I can add to be of help, just let me know.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum! Congrats on the new FLSTC Post up often and enjoy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts