V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks! I just joined. I spend a lot of time at various forums, mostly Sportster.org and Middle Tennessee Sportster Club at Yahoo Groups. I've heard good things about this forum, so I thought I'd check you folks out.

My dad was a flat track racer back in the late 40's (80 inch Indian Flathead) so motorcycles were encouraged in my youth. I learned to ride on my older brother's '67 BSA, but my bikes were mostly dirt bikes of Honda, Kawasaki, and Yamaha origin. I quit riding when my second child was born in 1980, but I got back into it a little over a year ago when I bought my Sportster. I've ridden it about 14,000 miles since then, and I love it. Most mods have been in the performance area, but I'm slowly changing it's appearance to a street tracker "influence". As my only bike, I still have to keep it usable for my twice a year 1600 mile long weekend rides to Michigan to see my biker brothers up there.

That's enough detail for now. Hope to get to know a bunch of you folks.

Jake Near Nashville
2000 XLH 883>1200

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome Jake,

Sharp looking Sporty you have there. Which Dealer do you deal with, Boswells or C&S? I like Nashville, got to be a great area to ride. I was there for a little over a week, stayed at the Opryland, wow what a complex. I visited both Dealership and though C&S had a good approach with people. Maybe I hit Boswells at a bad time, don't know.

Anyway welcome to the board, we have a lot of Sporters folks on the board and they seem to be fairly active. Look forward to your posts with your experience you will be a valued addition.

Thanks for join us,

Dave

·
Registered
695 Posts
Welcome jakeway! Thanks for joining in, glad you found us. I'm pretty new myself and have found a great bunch of people in here that are real squared away (even helpful) HA!
Thanks for posting a pic of your bike. As soon as I get mine I'll be posting too.
You talking about BSA's brings back memories, I liked those bikes along with the old Triumph's I used to ride.
You've been puttin' sum miles on dat dare bike of yers, ain't ya?

Ride safe!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
VA V-Rod said:
Which Dealer do you deal with, Boswells or C&S?

I live 10 minutes from Boswell's RIvergate store, so I get my parts there. I do as much of my own wrencing as I can. There are about 4 other dealers withing 45 minutes of me, so I visit them all on occasion. I bought my bike used. I was the third owner, and it had less than 2000 miles on it. Guess I ride it more than they did!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts