V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it's getting cold around here and I figured I'd give the solo seat look a try. bored I guess. other than the studs on the seat it looks good. The stripped down look that is.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Very cool look. I really like the solo. It lets the lines of the rear fender show and makes a great transition to the fuel tank.

Makes me want to change the seat on my bike back to a solo.......I might just do that for the winter

The passenger floor boards need to be sublimated.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It only cost $5. 4 bolts to go in place of the sissy bar studs and a screw to put in the top of the rear fender where the rear seat mounts to, just for looks. the rear seat on a heritage bolts to the front seat, so that was just 2 bolts to take it off.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the compliments. I do like it also. will be some cold winter days where I go out in the garage take the cover off and just look and daydream of the fun I had this year. I try to remember not to take it for granted. I'm off this week and going to ride the next 2 days, miles to add to the odometer.

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
Man, that old school look is great on the Heritage! Great looking solo man. I like it!!

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
The passenger floorboards come off in about 5 minutes with an allen wrench. Just leave the inside piece mounted to the bike. I got Bubba's quick detach side plates and bag mounts for my Heritage, and then made a quick detach set up for the pillion seat and can go from full dress to stripped in about 45 seconds. At $400. it was a little pricey, but the results are very nice. There are pictures elsewhere on this forum if you're interested.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It takes me a bit longer with the wrenchs. cash has been harder to come by lately so $400 just to change the look on the scoot isn't going to happen. but thanks for the input and post the link here.

good luck and ride safe.

·
Banned
202 Posts
It looks like any other bike with a solo seat.

Hell, my bike looks like that without the bags, but I wouldn't call it "old school".

I guess my point is I really don't understand when the looks of a bike need to fall into a certain category in able to be appreciated.

I always found that they fell in 2 categories - nice looking and crap.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
fourstar said:
The pillion seat modification is here:
http://65.38.172.84/forums/showpost.php?p=568047&postcount=1
The Bubba's quick detach hardware is here:
http://65.38.172.84/forums/showpost.php?p=568035&postcount=4
I like the look without the bags, but I always have something in the bags!
Thanks Fourstar but unfortunatly I can't veiw them because I'm a greenguy. so I went to your photogallery and looked at the 2 pics you have there. nice bike and thanks. one day when the cash is flowing better I would like to make everything easier to take off.

good luck and ride safe.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FLSTFI-2005 said:
It looks like any other bike with a solo seat.

Hell, my bike looks like that without the bags, but I wouldn't call it "old school".

I guess my point is I really don't understand when the looks of a bike need to fall into a certain category in able to be appreciated.

I always found that they fell in 2 categories - nice looking and crap.
well thanks for the responses, I guess. not sure what your after there FLSTCI 05. I have noted your responses as I do with all that fall into this catagory. there are responses that look good and those that look like crap. I have a response and wouldn't call it old school.

good luck and ride safe.

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Pictures from the links (above)

First 3 are Bubba's quick detach bag and sissybar mounts, the next three show the modifications for a quick detach pillion.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
brownjams said:
well thanks for the responses, I guess. not sure what your after there FLSTCI 05. I have noted your responses as I do with all that fall into this catagory. there are responses that look good and those that look like crap. I have a response and wouldn't call it old school.

good luck and ride safe.
Nice response there Brownjams, :D :D :D ..................guess who is back.:thumbsdn:

Nice bike there Brownjams.............I went to LePera Silhoutte Solo and pillion pad so that I could do that too.........to get the OLD SCHOOL LOOK!

this guy wasnt old enough then to understand what you meant.........looks like he has upgraded from the Sportster..................still he will never get to understand...............

All the best, Ozzie

·
Banned
202 Posts
brownjams said:

good luck and ride safe.
I think I shifted from the actual picture of the bike to the way everything needs to fit into a nice little category - that was the purpose of my last reply.

It has nothing to do with your bike's looks at all.

It is like music - it sells better to the masses if it has a label on it.

Look back 30 years ago and then today. Something that would have fit into Jazz 30 years ago would be called "Smooth work friendly, but not too mellow put you to sleep easy jazz".

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the positve response Ozzie. and well flstfnightboy 05 eh, hmmm, noted as such.

take care and ride safe.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts