V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow bikers! My name is Lee and I'm a proud new owner of a 2005 Road King Classic. Well, i bought it a few months ago but i still feel like a rookie becuase it is my first bike. I know it was one hell of a choice for an entry bike but... the opportunity came to purchase, and I went for broke. :) Anyhoo... I'm originaly a New Yorker (Yankee! ;) ). Im living in North Carolina now becuase work has brought me here. Wonderful state. Great place to raise my kids. Anyway.. enough about me. Great site you guys have here. I've been searching for such a place since before i purchased my "scoot". I've alreayd learned tons and hope to learn more. Thanx for putting this site together for us. See you's around the forums. ;)

·
Humpin One Leg at a Time
455 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There is tons of useful stuff on here. You should post some pics of your bike when you get time. You wouldn't, by chance, live in Cary would you? :whistle:

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Well you happened into just the right place. There are a lot of great people here (I'm not one of them) with great advise and insights.

Welcome... lets take a look at your scoot... post up some pics.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanx fellas/fems, for the welcome. I'll post some pics as soon as possible. As for my location.. I'm not sure where Cary is but im located on the outskirts of Charlotte. The town of Matthews to be exact. South East of Charlotte. :)

Edit: Oh, 8-Ball.. The bar where your rear plate once attached.. the spikes, I take it that was a custom job? Prestine Job btw! Thats a ride to be proud of.. :)

·
Humpin One Leg at a Time
455 Posts
Cary is just outside of Raleigh. A lot of the locals refer to it as Containment Area for Relocated Yankee's. Thats why I asked :)

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lmao.. ;) I'll have to remember that. I'll tell some of my "local" friends that one. They'll enjoy it too. :D

·
Registered
507 Posts
First let me say, :welcome: SiLlY GREAT website that DPrice has here!

Second let me wonder......over 3 hours and no PoPeYe. That post whore is slacking on his whoring duties :bleh: :hystria: :hystria:

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Welcome & Enjoy!!!

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Welcome to the one forum on the face of God's green earth that really knows and relates to you and your bike.

Roadkings are the ship.

Hope to read your posts real soon.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is exactly what i mean. What a welcome! Thanx guys/gals. This is a real welcome!

·
Part Time Hero (Retired)
208 Posts
SiLlY,

:welcome: to the forum! I guess by now you know the difference between a "yankee" and a "damn yankee".... RK Classics are cool bikes! My brother has one and swears by it. Ridden the "Dragon" yet? Look forward to reading your posts...show us a pic of your ride while you are at it!!!

Ride Safe,
JD

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Congrats on the RKC! Lots of great info here. Post up often and enjoy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts