V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may remember a thread I posted about driving down to Daytona last weekend with my girlfriend Laurie so she could shop for a new Harley. We had been looking online and found a 2000 Road King. After looking at a couple of bikes, she decided that this one was definitely the one for her.

It's a 2000 Road King. It has the 95 c.i.d. big-bore kit, Bub headers, lowered front and rear, Corbin seat, beach bars, and lots of chrome. When she bought it, it had Vance and Hines slip-on mufflers. The V&H pipes were nice and looked good, but they just weren't LOUD enough for her. Immediately after picking the bike up, we rode over to Miller's Parts on Ridgewood and she bought a set of Samson slip-on fishtails. They are straight pipes with no mufflers. I bolted them on right then and they sound awesome!! Plus, IMO, they look more appropriate on this bike.

The bike belonged to a guy who details bikes and it was absolutely spotless. He had it in the Arlen Ness shop on Beach St. While we were there, the manager took us in the back and showed us the bike that Ness is building for Shaquille Oneal. I'm standing next to it in the third pic. If you look closely, you can see the word "SHAQ" on the rear axle cover. Also, there's Shaq's trademark Superman "S" machined into the billet wheels. This was the biggest bike I've ever seen. To give you some idea of how long it is, look at the bike on the lift in the background. Then look at how far the rear wheel of Shaq's bike hangs off the back of the lift its on!!

It was a fun weekend and after riding an Ironhead Sportster for 8 years, the 4 1/2 hour ride home was a piece of cake for Laurie. She loves the bike!

(I hope the pics load, since they're hosted on a different server!)

<b>5 minutes after becoming the proud new owner</b>

<b>On A1A coming home on Sunday (check out those pipes!)</b>

<B>Me with Shaq's bike (still under construction)</B>

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
Jesse James built a bike for Shaq also. When Shaq sat on it, he looked like normal rider. Jess sat on it and could barely reach the handlebars. Damn thing was HUGE!!!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Can't figure out how to open the pictures, I've noticed this with others where they have the same type of attachment. I right or left click and nothing happens.

greg

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Nice lookin' bike.

IMHO, ridin' Harleys is one of the best DAMN things couples can do together. Vertically. :D Seriously, ridin' together is a wonderful way to stay connected.

I know the girlfriend will enjoy the bike. Congrats to you both.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I see all the pictures. That's a sweet RoadKing, Dave. I hope she enjoys it. From the pictures, I'm sure she will. BTW - Nice 'Vette too!

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Good onya smoke!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Smokey, 'preciate the help there. I don't understand why those pics won't load. I have them hosted at the Corvette Forum (which hosts my homepage) and they load fine there. They also seem to pop up here with no problem when I have them up in another browser window...oh well.

She's still loving the Road King, hasn't driven her car once since we got back !!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts