V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newbie, but probably have an old question. I have my first Harley, a 1990 FXLR. I just installed a set of V&H short shots and have heard I need to rejet my CV carburetor. Can someone help me with some advice? Also, will my stock air filter still be adequate?

Thanks!

·
Seasoned and Baked
4,275 Posts
welcome! You may need to richen the carb due to the fact there's less back pressure w/ those pipes. Ride it and examine your spark plugs. They're the thermometer of your engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your input. I'll play with the fuel richness adjustment screw after I finish rebuilding the carb and check the plugs after the first run.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Hi ya doin" you're gonna need/ be prepared to do a little more than that, first know that the air mixture screw is blocked off, be sure you understand what you are doing so you dont drill into the adjustment. But the jet will also need to be changed a bit. You will be best doing one adjustment or jet change at a time.. but for more detail check out
johnsmotorcycleparts.com and also nightrider.com and good luck also be sure to show your FXLR over in the FXR forum

1 - 4 of 4 Posts