V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I just came back from the Cook Islands, while we were scooting around
Raratonga Island on our rented 100cc I came across the local Tattooist.

I saw his work and booked him in for the next day, his work is totally freehand and created only from my story and what I would like represented in the artwork
so I had no idea what to expect exept for the confused look on my wifes face as he continued. 2 hours and 150 New Zealand Dollars got me this :D

His Tattoos are normally traditional Island symbols but he was in a creative mood this afternoon, there is quite a story in this work which includes Wife, son, Spartan decent, a life long friend of mine etc. and mostly represented in thier traditional symbols

·
killer sperm
2,852 Posts
Now that is art! Too many modern tat's are boring, same ol' bobwire or pseudo tribal crap.

·
Banned
202 Posts
Milehog said:
Now that is art! Too many modern tat's are boring, same ol' bobwire or pseudo tribal crap.
That is because it is trendy for posers to get that kind of crap to go with the Harley that has only 150 miles on them.

·
Humpin One Leg at a Time
455 Posts
Nice tat! Great Work. I hope you got your shots before you did it. Tommy Lee supposedly contracted Hepatitis from tattoo equip. on an Island.

·
Registered
769 Posts
alaskan302 said:
Nice tat! Great Work. I hope you got your shots before you did it. Tommy Lee supposedly contracted Hepatitis from tattoo equip. on an Island.

Hmmm is that like getting vd from a toilet seat......Modern tattoo artists are pretty darn careful .... the artists for the most part is at more risk in getting Hep C than the person getting the tattoo ...... I would guess tommy got Hep C from a differnt kind of needle than the one that is in a tattoo machine.... rat

·
90 FXRS LOWRIDER
553 Posts
nice ink, man. love the originality.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Very nice work.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks heaps for the compliments guys :)

Its not quite the high tech studio but his equipment is clean and sterilising unit used. After booking him I asked around and all the locals swore by him, he has been doing his craft for 24 years and although there is another tattooist on the island they said I chose the better. Not that I had a huge choice :hmmm:

Here is Gav,s Tattoo, we met this couple while I was waiting for my work. He is from New Zealand and his wife is actually a local girl, they were visiting friends on the Island. Gavins tattoo is all traditional and also represents his story.

The girl pictured top left is Storm (or Stormy as they call her), she is learning the trade and did the filling in on Gavins Tatt while Mr T started on mine, I did not get any fill work done.

Kath (left) and my wife having a smoke outside, check out the Scooter, It was so nice to get back home and back on the Harley. Kath was booked for the next day for a small rose on her ankle which was done by Stormy, they dropped in to our hut for a visit and to show off Kathies Tat, It also was very nice work.

·
Banned
202 Posts
alaskan302 said:
...Tommy Lee supposedly contracted Hepatitis from tattoo equip. on an Island.
Are you sure he didn't get it from his ex-wife while nailing her on that island?

She has Hepatitis and it is hard to figure out which rock star (Brett Michaels, Tommy Lee, Kid Rock, etc...) that she got it from.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Someday I would like to visit your fine country.

we could hook up for some riding. I would love to ride a dirt bike there and do some shark fishing on the reef.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
If you ever decide to visit Popeye, just email and I will organise it :thumbsup:

Our next trip is the US and I'm really looking forward to it, not sure exactly where we will go but maybe Vegas :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Milehog said:

Amen to that Milehog. Zouman, that is a great tattoo. It has nice lines and definition, and meaning to boot. Really great looking for a one color tattoo.

·
Part Time Hero (Retired)
208 Posts
Z-man,

Cool story. Every Maori tat tells a story or represents something personal, yours is one of kind! Nice pics!

JD

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey all, great thread!

new here, new to the biking scene, and soon to get my 1st tat. I wanted to chime in on the Maori tattoo's (since Im half kiwi and felt some wierd pull to comment on it). My 1st tat will almost definitely be a yingyang symbol in a sun, but after that I will be getting a maori tattoo done when i get back to auckland early next year.

btw, great tat Zou!

kelvin

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
ZouMan
Nice ink and great story thanks for sharing. Some one in this forum wrote that the journey begins when the scoots are parked at the curb or in you’re case next to the Palm Tree. Sport that ink with pride and there is no way in hell you will ever see some thing close to it ever.
V/R
Chris

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
hey man congrats on the new tatoo. Most of all welcome to the new addiction in you life. I started with one dragon and have since gone to a full sleeve on my left arm.....What can I say ink and harleys are my weaknesses. congrats....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts