V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody,

Allow me to recap the facts:

I ordered a White Pearl 2002 FLSTFI on January 27, 2002. Put down my kilo buck deposit and was told to expect delivery in April/May.

In the first week of April, somebody from the dealership called and said the bikes are coming in early so come on down and pick out any parts you want added. I went down the next Saturday (4/6) and picked out and paid for the SE II slip fits and SE air breather with ECM reflash.

After this, I dropped in about every two weeks to check. I was then told to expect delivery toward the end of May. End of MAY??? WTF?

One one of these visits (two weeks ago), I noticed they had a 2002 Road King with a killer custom paint job. Nice but very pricey. I also collected my usual "end of May" forcast and went home pissed because the weather was getting good and I was still f*ckin' waiting.

Comes last Friday, I had decided on a course of action: The bike would wither be in OR they could give me a fiexed delivery date OR I was buying the Road King, to hell with the cost, its only money.

I spent alot of time looking at the Road King, sat on it, studied it up real good and noticed that the dealer had knock $2K off the price, as it had been in stock for 6 months. I was also told theat my bike "might" be in but they wouldn't know for several days. Again, WTF!!

I went home, stewed in my juices all night, got up the next morning knowing that the Road King was the bike for me. I hit the credit union and got a cashier's check the headed down to the dealership.

When I got there, they were very upbeat.
"Your FatBoy is here!"

I said, "Guess what? I've decided I would rather have the Road King after all." So I bought it!! YEA!!!!!!!

15 miles on the clock when I got it. I put 22 miles more on getting it home. Yesterday, I rode from Alexandria, VA to Gettysburg, PA and back, 213 miles! I'm still :D

Wyodude

·
Registered
222 Posts
Wyodude,
Congratulations on the new scoot! What a good looking machine!
Someday the dealers might realize they just can't keep messing with us the way they do...

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
Everybody keeps telling me that the softail guys move on to touring bikes after a while....but you've set a new time record.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
GREAT paint job, wyo.

Sometimes things are just meant to be. Looks like it in your case.
Enjoy your bike. Sounds like the break-in will be over very soon.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Congratulations Wyodude!
That bike looks great! It seems like anybody that knows nothing about Harleys are always getting Fatboys. Don't get me wrong, I like Fatboys just as much as the next guy. But I definitely think you went the right way with your choice!

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
I know, I know....but just for the record:

a) I have never ever seen Terminator.

b) I know the technical details of the whole HD lineup (OK, except the Sportsters) better than most HD salesman.

c) I too will probably someday get a touring bike....once I am too old to care whether what I ride looks more like a classic American motorcycle than an overloaded Milwaukee airport luggage cart....hehe

·
Registered
985 Posts
Sometimes you have to wait for a good thing.
There is a reason the FLSTF's are in high demand.
It is appropriate- if you have to ask, you wouldn't understand

·
Registered
187 Posts
Wyodude, Sweet looking ride....Excellent choice..

I had a 2001 Deuce, I sold it in Jan. and bought a 2002 RKC, no regrets...

I live down in Orange VA., if you ever want to ride down this way give me a holler....

Congratulations.......

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks fellas!

The paint job is courtesy of HD's CVO, silver tribal flames over metallic purple. Its hard to see but theres a little HD logo on the tank near the seat and 181/200.

The only thing better than looking at it is riding it. CLocked another 100 miles yesterday, fun, fun, fun.

wyodude

·
Registered
684 Posts
Logical wrote . . .
c) I too will probably someday get a touring bike....once I am too old to care whether what I ride looks more like a classic American motorcycle than an overloaded Milwaukee airport luggage cart....hehe
Comeon Harleyjoel, I might need some backup here!:mad:

I'll bet my FLHT can beatup your fatBOY!:D

(Hey, somebody has to fill in for JimmyK while he's gone!)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts