V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some months ago, my friend and neighbor had an accident while on his Sportster. He wound up loosing the lower half of his left leg. He had no plans of giving up riding, so as soon as he was fitted with a new prostetic leg, he stopped by my place to sit on my Road King to see if he coulkd opperate the heal toe shifter with the bad leg. Well, it was a piece of cake for him, so he's going to buy my RKC. It's a 2011 in rootbeer, which he loves. I already put true duals on and had the stage one download and heavy breather done. She has a bit under 6K miles on her. I'm giving him a HD cover and a Danny Gray solo seat, a case of Amsoil an d some odds and ends for &15K. I think it's a good price and he loves the bike. I'm glad to see that he can still ride after the accident. The kid really like to ride.

I also sold him my 98 Ford Explorer Sport for $2K and he loves it. His other vehicle was a stick and he can't drive on anymore. The Explorer was a cream puff. I let him take it for a week to be sure he liked it before he bought. His mechanic told him to jump on it.

Anyway, it's great to se things work out for him.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friends accident. I broke my back and messed up my left knee alittle when my bike took a dump in '07..I recovered extreamly well,....after reading your story and others like it I feel very fortunate.

Good luck to him for making the best out of his situation, sounds like he has a great attitude and outside support from great friends...:beer:

I like the red trike,...might want loose the tassels tho,...you know what they say about "real" bikers not havin em and such....:redrolf:

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Hope it goes well, hasn't been to long since the accident. I didn't have an amputation, but had some other issues. I looked at trikes and sidecars, because I was concerned about holding up big bike or putting my foot down wrong. I ended up riding the bikes I got.

Probably best for him to find out how it will go. He call always try a different setup later, if he needs to.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To answer the question of what will I be riding, I'm not sure to be honest. I may not replace the RKC at all. Money is getting tight and I've been focusing more on my kids and grandchildren.

My youngest is getting married in April, so there went a few K. My house is free and clear, so I'm Quit Claiming it over to her this coming Wednesday.

My other daughter is getting all of the life insurance from my wife and me. We're trying to take care of both girls the best we can. The older daughter already owns a home.

I gave my Grandsons (ages 6 and 7) the last few K that I had on hand, and I'll probably give them the money from the sale of the bike. (15K)

That's not to say that I won't just go buy a new one this Spring. I just won't be able to pay cash as I always have. My credit scores are all around 800, so financing should be no problem. The only problem might be paying for it. Hey, it's only money........Right ?

Thanks for the kind words for my friend. He's a tough bird, he'll do fine, plus he's getting a steal on my bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good for your friend! Ride on!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Great story. He's lucky to have you as a friend.

For some people it would be very hard or impossible to get back in the saddle after a wreck like that.

·
Registered
292 Posts
To answer the question of what will I be riding, I'm not sure to be honest. I may not replace the RKC at all. Money is getting tight and I've been focusing more on my kids and grandchildren.

My youngest is getting married in April, so there went a few K. My house is free and clear, so I'm Quit Claiming it over to her this coming Wednesday.

My other daughter is getting all of the life insurance from my wife and me. We're trying to take care of both girls the best we can. The older daughter already owns a home.

I gave my Grandsons (ages 6 and 7) the last few K that I had on hand, and I'll probably give them the money from the sale of the bike. (15K)

That's not to say that I won't just go buy a new one this Spring. I just won't be able to pay cash as I always have. My credit scores are all around 800, so financing should be no problem. The only problem might be paying for it. Hey, it's only money........Right ?

Thanks for the kind words for my friend. He's a tough bird, he'll do fine, plus he's getting a steal on my bike.
Why are you giving everything away???? are you 90+ :hystria:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Good for your buddy, and you are generous to a fault. Hope all works out for both of you.

I broke my Tib and Fib in '81 on my YZ400 and put mini engine guards and road pegs on my '80 Maxim One and only missed about a week of road riding. Haven't been on a dirt bike since.

jim

·
Registered
34 Posts
You have to give it away early or the "man" will take it! Re-distribution thing.

Kudos to you for taking care of your kids and grandkids.....bikes can be replaced but you only have a short time with the kids....make it the priority!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts