V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many agonizing months, and dreams filled with visions of road and scantily leather clad wenches, I finally watched as my bike (2003FLHRCI) was uncrated and exposed to my view. HOT DAMN!!! What a gorgeous bike. Too bad I didn't have a camera. Sat on it even before it was off the shipping pallet. Stripped off the protective tape on the lights etc. and just couldn't force the stupid grin off of my face. Thankx to the Bros on this forum I have been able to keep my sanity (OK maybe not) and make it through what seemed like an eternity. Supposed to pick it up Friday, after the Stealership does a Stage 1 and SE intake and exhaust. Hopefully the weekend will stay nice enough to ride. Even if it's not I got a feeling that I will still see some road time. :D :D :D :D :D

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
cromagnum,

right on! post a pic when you get her home.

wyo

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Enjoy the ride...........

·
Registered
194 Posts
Nice early Chritmas present for yourself....right cro? That's great you were able to be there when they took it out of the crate. Did they call you or were you just lucky? Hope the weather is nice this weekend you lucky devil.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Congrats cromagnum, Looks like the weather should be nice this weekend so you can get out and put some miles on her. My bro and I were talking about sneaking out of work early on friday and going for a little putt. If they get your scoot done perhaps we can hook up and check out your new ride.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Congrats man! Have a blast. When my bike came in I had to work most of the day but I rode it that night until about four in the morning. Had a blast. Cruised all around my town and all over the country. It was actually probably a blessing that it was at such an obnoxious hour because no doubt everyone would have made fun of me for that sh1t-eating grin I had on my face that whole time. :D

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Congratulations! You got the best bike Harley has ever made!! What color?? Post a picture.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
theirs that stupid grin again. 5 of them even.
Hope ya spend more hours ridin than cleaning!!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
gbenner, Gunmetal color. Attitude, just luck I was there, pissed that I didn't have my camera though. wyodude, I'll post pics when I download from the camera. Might be this weekend though, Hmmm,might be riding. Damn, now I'm so confused, life has purpose. Wingrider, I'd like to hook up, don't know what time they will release my bike, but if its early enough, I'll be in Park City main street in the afternoon (3ish) for a while. I think it would only be proper to share a (bike) birthday with a bro.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts

Crom First of all congrats!!!. Second, why don't ya get them to wire that relay up while they're at the stage1?
Might save any dodgyness about the warranty..........?

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
Congrats! And what everyone else said! ;-)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HH, I think it had something to do with patent infringement. LOL

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
cromagnum said:
HH, I think it had something to do with patent infringement. LOL

Ya mean if the Stealers do the 'HH'ighBeamCombo they'll owe ME MONEY!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
HH, Only if you patent it. Picked my bike up Friday at 2:30, 100 miles just flew by. First 50 was a *****, having to keep it at 2000rpm or under. Saturday rode to Evanston Wyoming, had to get a good bottle of bubbly to share with my OL just to celebrate. Another 100 miles. Got back with only minimal rain pelting me. Sunday, rode to Ogden to show off my new ride to friends- cold ass ride, thank heaven for chaps and full face helmet. Got snowed on going home. Great weekend!!!

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Glad you're having a good time on that thing, Keep safe.
I've a pad pin seized in my rear caliper at the minute,:eek:
Gonna dump the OEM [email protected] HD one (caliper) so I'm making my 'Shooter' at the minute, preping for the swap over.
:D

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
HH, what aftermarket caliper are you getting? Or is this just a ruse to hafta make your shooter?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts