V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maybe.

I stopped by the dealer after work and I saw a bunch of bikes and guys next to the dealer truck and trailer. For those of you in the area who know the people at Cap City I saw "Fast" Eddie, Kerry, Carl and another guy who's name I can't remember and some I didn't know. Eddie yells, "Justin, ya wanna come with us?"

They were all loading their saddle bags with canned and boxed foods to take to a local bank for a food drive. The truck and trailer were going too but they wanted as many bikes to go because, well, it's a motorcycle dealer. We all loaded up and went. We took the back roads so the ride was fun but it was only 10 miles or so.

After we pulled up everyone from the bank came out to see the bikes and to help unload. After we unloaded everything the News 3 team showed up and wanted some footage of us unloading so we all went back in to get an arm full of goods and come out and put it all around our bikes. I told the camera man to get extra footage of the silver bike. He looked at me like he was in a foreign country and asked why. "Because it's mine" I said. He liked that.

Anyway, they got a bunch of footage and than they interviewed the president as he sat on a bike(not mine) in front of the dealer trailer. Everyone from the bank was tickled about the whole deal and we gat a lot of thanks. Felt good.

As we left we saw the camera man was still filming so we all made a loud exit just to show off a little and everyone was cheering us.

Check out Channel 3 tonight at 10 or their affiliate channel 14(?) at 9.

Later:chopper:

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Gosh darn! A real hollywood type right here!! :sofa:

Just jerking your chain....Congrats! Sure some family will appreciate the goods!

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
Originally posted by hdmarsh77
Check out Channel 3 tonight at 10 or their affiliate channel 14(?) at 9.
Hey, thanks for the heads up guy! I'll check it out. I'll most likely be out a Capital City tomorrow afternoon for a little dog-and-pony show on performance enhancements and (ugh!) winter storage.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Congrats!!!! :Banadance

·
Banned
2,149 Posts
Oh, man, I wish I would have known. The world needs to see the chiseled features of handsome bikers.

Yikes, Fast Eddie didn't ride his Buell, did he?

·
Nice to ride again :-)
1,802 Posts
Very cool :banana:

Not to harp, but it is these small things that help keep PWRB (People Who Ride Bikes) ^rolleyez^ OK with most of the people we come in contact with.

And as you said "it felt good", funning thing about giving no matter what it is, it feels good. :woohoo:

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Good for you, your excitement and enthusiasm is spilling over! Don't blame you, it's cool when we get to have sheite like that happen, makes us feel special!!
Wish it was me, I need something special to happen right now....

·
8,499 Posts
Originally posted by The Tourist
Yikes, Fast Eddie didn't ride his Buell, did he?
Surely, you jest! Fast Eddie would look like Godzilla riding a tricycle on a Buell.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Good going...maybe someone will remember the good we do...for a day or so...
:thumbsup: :clap:

·
8,499 Posts
It was the show closer

As I suspected it might be (I work with TV folks quite a bit, and this one seemed like a candidate for the end-of-show segment). It was mighty short, but it was good press for bikers who care about doing good things. Fast Eddie was shown. Not sure about our own hdmarsh because I haven't met him yet.

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MadCity said:
As I suspected it might be (I work with TV folks quite a bit, and this one seemed like a candidate for the end-of-show segment). It was mighty short, but it was good press for bikers who care about doing good things. Fast Eddie was shown. Not sure about our own hdmarsh because I haven't met him yet.

I'm glad it was shown even if it was short. I didn't even get to see it because a friend in need called so I left. But, like some have said, anything nice about bikers is a good thing. I might have been on though. Did you see an incredibly good looking ugly dude with a beard and a bike? That might have been me!

I was planning all week on going to the seminar thing today at Cap City but I feel like crap right now. Hope it's not the bird flu!:sofa: Nah, I was probably just over served last night.

Chico, Fast Eddie rode a Road King but he has told me that one of his favorite bikes is a Buell. He dwarfed the RK so I can't imagine him on a little sport bike!

Now, who want an autograph!?:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Carrie said:
If your news has a website that post video, let us now. Provide a link or something...

I just checked their website. Nothin'. But I'm still famous, right!?

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
yes, I live in michigan and heard about this locally. will you be having one of those signing tours or maybe selling autographs on ebay anytime soon?

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
brownjams said:
yes, I live in michigan and heard about this locally. will you be having one of those signing tours or maybe selling autographs on ebay anytime soon?

Just send me a blank check and you'll recieve an autograph and an empty account!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts