V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Screamin' Eagle
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After quite a bit of feedback from the forums and working with the hot-rodders at St. Paul Harley, I completed my 95" build on my 2004 FXDI. My goals were to do a Screamin' Eagle build, get plenty of power for 2-up riding with the wife and have a bike that was as "snappy" as my hot-rodded '89 Sportster that I ran 15+ years ago when I was in the Army. Well, I am done with my engine breaking (first stage) and am very pleased with the results.

The build:
95" jugs
SE Perf (MCR) Heads
SE Flat Top Pistons (10:1 compression) w/ compression releases
SE-251 Cam (.579 lift and shorter overlap)
SE Tappets, Perfect Fit Push Rods, Roller Rockers & Cylinder Studs
S&S Crank Case Breather
SE Perf Clutch Kit
SE Race Tuner
V&H ProPipes
- I also went all braided on my cables while the tank was off.

The low end torque is just what I had hoped for and once I get past the 3500 RPM (for the first time yesterday) the engine only gets better.

I did a 50 mile putt, changed the oil (using conventional oil), and then did another (cold) 450 miles keeping under 3500 RPM, and changed the oil again. I will be running conventional for another 500+ miles and then switch to AMSOil.

I tremendously appreciate all of the feedback, guidance, and help from forum members. This build has turned out far better than it would have without your help.

I will get some pics posted on Tuesday as the wether will be back in the 60s and the wife is begging for, maybe our last, river ride.

Cheers!

·
Thread Ender
3,968 Posts
What are you using for fuel management?

·
Screamin' Eagle
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pikeslayer said:
What are you using for fuel management?
I am using the Screamin' Eagle Race Tuner. I forgot to put that in the build as I has previously purchased this to have my bike tuned when I bought it earlier this summer. I am currently running on a "break-in tune" and will have it dynoed and re-tuned once it warms up again in the spring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts