V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the initial breakin miles on my V-rod.
Here goes-

Mileage is about 40mpg. I don't like the way I have to put the fuel in. It's hard not to slop gas all over. Hopefully, I'll get better at it. Also, the low fuel light comes on at 1/4 tank. That's not so bad, but the "miles remaining" feature in the speedo, shows "low" from there on.

No oil usage at all. I've been checking it at fillups, as advised. Great for limbering up too, as you're supposed to do it while the bike is upright. I think I'm going to make another notch on my dipstick, so I can check it on the jiffy stand. Probably at the first service, which I'll do myself.
No leaks.

Performance wise, I'm still not hammering the thing like mad, but i have taken it to redline a couple of times. Power is very linear, with a slight hit at around 6k. The fuel injection works very well, noflat spots or hiccups. It's gonna take me a while to get used to the higher redline.

The handling part is a learning experience for me too. I'm used to a FL model or a Buell, this bike doesn't fit in either category. the forward controls are a new thing for me, I'm used to pushing on my footpegs while cornering, but I'm getting there. With the stiffer frame and radial tires, the bike lays right over until it drags something, no surprises.

So far, so good.
Sorry for the windy post.
Rich

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Buellbomb said:
I finally got the initial breakin miles on my V-rod.
Here goes-

So far, so good.
Sorry for the windy post.
Rich
Your post was NOT a windy post. It was very informative.

Lookin' forward to more from you and other V-Rod owners.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just finished my 1K service.
No problems, except that the filter is a little difficult to mess with.
I bought a service manual when I bought the bike, so instead of $250 for the deal, it cost me about $25.
I recommend them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts