V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
05 stock 103 SEEG

The blue was with just the V&H ovals and RT, the red is after we added the V&H true dauls headers.

·
Banned
69 Posts
Ha!

I know its the stock cam but do you know what the stock cam is?

The reason I ask is I am going to do a 103. I would be satisfied with the torque and power that you have. I am trying to figure out what cam to use.

Could the cam be se-253?

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
dragforce said:
I know its the stock cam but do you know what the stock cam is?

The reason I ask is I am going to do a 103. I would be satisfied with the torque and power that you have. I am trying to figure out what cam to use.

Could the cam be se-253?

SE-253 CVO Cam Specs

Manufacture; Harley-Davidson/Screamin' Eagle
Grind; SE-253
Lift; .530"
Dur; 239/256
Int. close; 53 degrees ABDC
Int. open; 6 degrees BTDC
Exh. close; 17 degrees ATDC
Exh. open; 59 degrees BBDC

Measured at .053" lift

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Nice numbers there Jim. Beats what I got out of my '06 103 (same motor as in the '06 CVO bikes).

Please post your sheets also to the DYNO THREAD I put up for comparison purposes so people could find these dyno sheets easily.

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Road Glider said:
Nice numbers there Jim. Beats what I got out of my '06 103 (same motor as in the '06 CVO bikes).

Please post your sheets also to the DYNO THREAD I put up for comparison purposes so people could find these dyno sheets easily.
What have you done to yours?

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
I had always heard that the stock headpipe would make more power because of the back pressure and scavenging effect than the true duals but your numbers show the exact opposite. Maybe I will get a set of those V&H true dual headpipes because I do like the look and the little different sound (pulsing) the true duals put out. Plus you loose the extra heat from that down pipe from the rear cylinder.

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Dirty Jim said:
What have you done to yours?
Completely stock inside the motor but has Stage 1 intake, SERT with custom map and the fullsac mufflers with 2 inch baffles.

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Road Glider said:
Completely stock inside the motor but has Stage 1 intake, SERT with custom map and the fullsac mufflers with 2 inch baffles.
I know the most important thing is to have a good sert turner.

·
Banned
69 Posts
Speaking of a good sert tuner....

Would you mind making your map available to others?

I would like to use it as a base. Is that possible?

Thanks.

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Dirty Jim said:
I know the most important thing is to have a good sert turner.
Agreed maybe I need to pay a visit to a different tuner. The ones I have found at the rallies push the power commander and won't touch a bike with a SERT so need to find another HD dealer or indy shop in Texas to pay a visit to.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts