V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
This Space for Rent
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing some upgrades, snagged a pic today.

I switched the windshield to the Cee Bailey SSC. Dramatic improvement due to significantly reduced buffeting. As far as the look goes, I got used to it fast, but initially thought it was fugly.

I bought the new detachable tour pack kit that includes everything you need to make the tour pack mechanically detachable. The antenna relo kit that comes with it doesn't work with the Ultra antenna connection without some serious work that I haven't got around to. I just coil the various wires up under the right side cover when I have the tour pack off. I love the look when I am alone, and love the fact that the GF loves to ride with it on.

The other change was to add the security siren II. Dealer wanted two hours of labor, took me 15 minutes and required no tools. This has gotten dramatically easier on the 08s. You just remove the left side cover, snap in the siren, connect the cable, and route the antenna wire.

Also put on a Zumo, thing is great, love the mounting setup.

Time to Ride!

Attachments

·
Crazy as a Bastard
223 Posts
kr70657 said:
I've been doing some upgrades, snagged a pic today.

I switched the windshield to the Cee Bailey SSC. Dramatic improvement due to significantly reduced buffeting. As far as the look goes, I got used to it fast, but initially thought it was fugly.
It's fugly. Looks like you hit the underside of the overpass???? Sorry, just my humble opinion.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
do they make one for RKs?

·
This Space for Rent
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jmbaker3 said:
It's fugly. Looks like you hit the underside of the overpass???? Sorry, just my humble opinion.
Hilarious. It does sort of look like I the overpass.

My plan is to by the streetglide smoke shield and put that on when I want to look good and don't care about the buffetting

·
This Space for Rent
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
geoffreyt said:
That's a ROAD HOG! I like it. The saddle isn't my first choice but I can see why you might choose it.
Saddle is stock, which is exactly why I chose it. Next discretionary income that shows up I'll be a nice single saddle. It will be a while before the 08 is covered by some of the manufacturers anyway.

·
This Space for Rent
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
route66paul said:
do they make one for RKs?
Not that I'm aware of. But you could get a batwing upgrade and likely add one too that. Of course there went a grand.

I really wonder what a RK would look like with a SSC like windshield. Fuglier than a EG for sure!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts