V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently running a Sundowner on my 03 FXSTD. I am fairly tall, 6'3", and the Sundowner along with being somewhat uncomfortable positions me further forward than I would like, making my need for extended forward controls greater. I would like to replace the seat this spring but I would like a seat that positions me back a little further to help me extend the distance to the controls. If anyone has suggestions of other brands/models please feel free to post those as well. I have a need to carry a passenger so I am considering the following saddles. Obviously suggestions about comfort/experiences between the saddles will be appreciated. Also any information on which can accept the HD factory sissy bar/luggage rack/backrest would be helpful.

Corbin:
Dual Tour
Gunfighter and Lady
Gambler

Mustang:
Vintage Solo and Passenger Seat

Danny Gray:
Fatstich Dually
Passenger Jet Seat
Sport Tour Seat
Mini Tour Seat

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
OK take this with a pinch of salt beause the only experience I have seat-wise is the stock FXDL seat and the Mustang vintage wide with which I;ve replaced it. The Mustang is very slightly higher and also p[ositons me further back from the bars. I have found it well made, easy to fit and very much more comfortable than stock.

hth

Mike

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is one of the reasons I am posting this, from there website it is unclear. Perhaps someone whith more experience with Danny Gray can shead some light on this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts