V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had 5 or 6 corbin seats. Well I decided to try a Mustang and man what a nice seat. I ordered the 75459 solo and the 75460 passenger. I'm a fort shukker at 5'8" and this seat combination put me flat footed with stock shocks. (way cool) The corbin was always hard (horse saddle) and rubbed my inner thigh when I was moving the bike or at a red light, drove me apesh*t. Well not anymore, the Mustang gives me no inner thigh discomfort what so ever and great back support. Me and the S.O. took off at 10:00 yesterday morning and got back at 8:00 last night with 45 minute lunch stop and 3 tank fulls of gas, with one gas stop about 20 minutes, the others grab and go. This is a Roadking seat on a Roadglide and yes I had to change the console. 8 hrs riding and I could still walk when I got off, and wasn't sore kinda speaks for its self. Yes I was ready to quite, 8 hrs driving time is enough no matter what your driving but I wasn't sore. Hats off to Mustang! Fine seats and good customer service.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I disagree about the mustang seats. I bought a touring seat (75464) for my Road King Classic about a month ago. I put 150 miles on the seat and I removed it. The seat raised me about 2 inches higher than the stock seat and cut off the circulation in my waist down into my legs. I replaced the seat with a Harley Davidson Sundowner. The Sundowner is awesome. I sit low in the bike and the numbness in my legs is gone.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hoot said:
I disagree about the mustang seats. I bought a touring seat (75464) for my Road King Classic about a month ago. I put 150 miles on the seat and I removed it. The seat raised me about 2 inches higher than the stock seat and cut off the circulation in my waist down into my legs. I replaced the seat with a Harley Davidson Sundowner. The Sundowner is awesome. I sit low in the bike and the numbness in my legs is gone.
The 75464 and and the 75459 are two different seats, the 75459 being a 2 pc seat. When they build a 75464 (one piece) they can't drop the seat pan down like they do on the 2 pc. Then they remove the material on your inner thigh as well. The 75459 is a deep bucket also and gives excellent back support. Like I say it will drop you down instead of raising you like the 75464 one pc. The people at Mustang will be the first to tell you this, the guys at the discount houses don't know one seat from the next. I done went the Harley route, and like I said the 75459 is a superior seat. The 75464 (1 pc) wouln't work for me either, can't stand to be raised up, but the 75459 droped me down where I needed to be (lower than stock) and fits like a glove.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
I just got my Mustang 2 pc with drivers back rest. I did have a sundowner on my Road King Classic. The Mustang 2pc lowers and moves you back so for I like the seat.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Just received my mustang ultra touring seat today, installed it and wow what a difference. It is a little snugger of a fit and took some working to get the backrest back in and the seat past the rear speakers, but it is very comfortable. Gets you off of the frame rails that the factory seat leaves you on. It moved me up and back just enough that I had to re adjust my hwy pegs. Excellent quality and craftmanship with a good but tight fit. It looks much better than factory with a better flow on the bike. I highly recommend mustang.

·
Sick Puppy
1,703 Posts
Mustang solo here I like it a lot , feel like Im sitting "in" the bike.Don't care for it with the pillion pad though,pushes me too far forward.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Mustang on LR

I'd really like to try a Mustang vintage wide solo on my 05 LR, but I'm put off by Mustang's statement that it places the rider about one inch forward compared to the stock seat. For me, even the stock seat is too far forward, and I'm only 5'9". I have a Sundowner solo now, and I like it lots, but it is a bit too high and doesn't have enough back support or the option to install a backrest. Anyone have similar experiences on a LR?

Thanks,
GaryInSanDiego

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mustang Vintage Solo

I just got my Mustang Vintage Solo in on Friday for my 04 Low Rider and was finally able to ride Sunday. I only had time for a short 150 mile ride and the seat felt great. It does sit me up and back a little over the stock seat which was great for my legs on the forward control but caused a little more of a reach on the stock handlebars. I'm going to get time for about 300-400 miles on Saturday so I can see how it feels after a longer day. If I decide to keep it, it will change my decision on the new handlebars as I'll want something with a little more pullback now.

Dennis

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
mustang seat ?

I bought a 2004 police road king. needless to say, i want to change the seat. i bought 3 different stock (different styles) seat on ebay. i have finally come to the conclusion that HD doesnt make a comfy seat. i have gone back to the cop saddle, which is too high, but comfortable. i am 6 feet and 270. the low seats do not seem to work for me.does anyone have any imput on the big touring seat solo vs 2up mustang. i really do not want to buy another seat just to put it on ebay for 40% of what i payed. what about the tallboy? do any of these seats give proper back support without thigh probs?

·
Drifter of threads
805 Posts
I tried the vintage Mustang solo on my FLHRCI last Friday and promptly returned it to where I bought it the next morning.

I'm 5' 8 1/2" with a 30" inseam. The vintage solo set me back further than with the stock seat, which made me have to lean forward to reach the HD reduced reach bars I had just installed. Kind of negated the whole purpose of installing the bars. In order to get my feet solidly on the ground with the Mustang, I would have to slide forward all the way to the nose instead of planting them straight down like I could with the stock seat. Even with my feet up on the floorboards, I could feel the hard ridge on the sides of the bucket under my thighs. I don't think I could ever get comfortable with that seat.

The search continues.....

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
TKanaley, welcome to the forum. Are you the one and the same world reknown holster maker?

If so, I got three of your products. Finest kind.

One way or another, good to have you here.

:welcome:

·
Drifter of threads
805 Posts
Captain Bligh said:
TKanaley, welcome to the forum. Are you the one and the same world reknown holster maker?

If so, I got three of your products. Finest kind.

One way or another, good to have you here.

:welcome:
Hey Captain B! Holster maker? Yep, that's what I do. But, world reknown??? :Banadance

Thanks for the welcome!

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Tony, this is all becoming more clear to me now. I'm sitting at home waiting 6 to 8 weeks for you to get my holster done. :nunu: I had visions of you up to your eyeballs in leather and back orders, bent over a bench with the aroma of leather and dye in the air.

Now, after all this time, I discover that I'm waiting over and over for these holsters because instead of leather craftin', you're out there toolin' around in the wind. :chopper:

Well, if ya gotta have a vice, this one will do quite nicely. :thumbsup:

And, by the way, Mustangs are vinyl, not leather. :nono:

·
Registered
3 Posts
route66paul

Paulie - at 6 ft 270 you are a big guy. You might want to try a Road Zeppelin on that cop rk of yours. Put a little air under yourself. They do sit you a bit taller, however, but at 6 ft, 34 inseam, I have no problem gettin' flat footed. Good luck. Like some guy said on here - seats are like pizza - everybody has their own taste.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Mustang replaced Sundowner

Hoot said:
I went your route too. After 3k miles the sundowner was killing my back. Went to a Mustang solo with passenger pad and rider backrest. Friggin' seat is great. Sits you back a little further than the Sundowner, just like and easy chair. What a great seat!!!

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
Just did a weekend trip with wife and our new Mustang seat. Over 650 miles with 2 trips of 250+(to Shelby, NC & back). The seat was great. Wife still a little sore but she hasn't been riding on the seat that much since we got it. She did say that in past after a 250+ mile ride, there was no way she could get back on bike that same day. But with the Mustang, she said while a little sore, she still could have ridden a little farther with some breaks.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
I had a one piece Mustang touring seat on my 03 SERK and my wife loved the passenger pad but it moved me too far forward. I then put on the Mustang one piece solo with backrest and the separate passenger pad. Now I love my seat but my wife absolutely can't stand the passenger pad. It doesn't look too much different from the one piece one, but she says it's no where near as comfortable. Guess now I'm going to open it up and see if I can change some foam or reshape it a little. Mustang will do it for free but there is a three to four week wait on it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts