V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would anyone know if I could put a mustang solo seat on my deluxe and still keep the grab rail and stock pax seat set-up? Also, if that is possible, could I put one of the back rests on the mustang solo seat? I thought I read a post that this was possible, but I got an email from mustang saying that I couldn't keep the grab rail with one of their solo seats? I am confused.....

Thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
453 Posts
You can with the Corbin Classic Solo but I think I remember reading someone else saying that the grab rail would not work with the Mustang. I do know I haven't seen anyone post a pic of a Deluxe with a Mustang seat with the grab rail attached.

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
I ran a Mustang Wide Touring Solo for a while on my Lux. I can't see any way you could keep the stock chrome grab rail though. The factory luggage rack can stay on. Otherwise it is a good fit. But you sit very high. The Mustang back rest works very well, it's easy to use and adjusts nicely.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HD-LUX said:
I ran a Mustang Wide Touring Solo for a while on my Lux. I can't see any way you could keep the stock chrome grab rail though. The factory luggage rack can stay on. Otherwise it is a good fit. But you sit very high. The Mustang back rest works very well, it's easy to use and adjusts nicely.

Thanks Chris--since you can keep the luggage rack with the mustang solo seat (minus grab rail), can I assume that you can still keep the the stock pax seat as well? If so, can it still be attached using the exsisting hardware?
I think I remember you going to a Corbin solo seat---how do they compare?

Rick

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
In the last pic above you can see a black circle just behind the Mustang Solo. That is where the factory passenger pillion goes. Those two metal studs can fit under the braided Mustang skirt but they push up on it some. I actually put the stock passenger seat on but didn't leave it on. It doesn't look too clean. Mustang says not to use it but that is probably the lawyers talking.

·
Registered
453 Posts
HD-LUX said:
In the last pic above you can see a black circle just behind the Mustang Solo. That is where the factory passenger pillion goes. Those two metal studs can fit under the braided Mustang skirt but they push up on it some. I actually put the stock passenger seat on but didn't leave it on. It doesn't look too clean. Mustang says not to use it but that is probably the lawyers talking.
Is that the Cycle Shacks back on your bike? Why did you change back to them. I like the way they look on yours better than the V & H and I love the way they sound. I love them on mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts