V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering the Mustang studded seat for my wife's Dyna. She is as high as she can be with the stock seat. I was wondering if anyone has replaced the stock Dyna 05 seat with the Mustang studded with back rest one. If so, how did it move you. I'm hoping for forward and down a bit. If it's up and back, that might not be the best fit for her.

· Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow! Thanks for the great answers. Too bad each one is different. Haven't been able to find a dealer that has them in stock to try out. Going to a motorcycle show in Chicago in a couple weeks. Hoping to see some there.

We're looking at the Wide Studded Solo with Built-in Removable Backrest and then getting the mathcin recessed passenger seat too. Mustang part 79338.

· Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds like all their seats do the same thing. Up and forward an inch. They were pretty quick to respond. I guess since she's on a trike, the up an inch isn't a big deal. Her feet don't need to reach the ground! She said that she thought an inch up would put her closer to the right place for the handlebars anyhow. It's pretty likely we'll get the Mustang seat before spring.

Thanks again for all you guys (and maybe gals) help and suggestions.

From Mustang:
Jeff,
If the stock HD seat fits on the trike, then the Mustang seats will also fit
without any modifications. But, due to the thickness and firmness of our
seat foam, both seats will raise the driver's seating height by at least one
inch over stock, besides moving the driver about one inch forward. We do not
offer any seats that are equal to or lower than stock.
Thanks for your interest in Mustang, and let us know if we can help you
further.
Customer Service

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.