V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone using the mustang backrest # 79067 on thier ultra with stock seat, I noticed that it is 12 inches wide, is it wider than the harley driver backrest? they or close in price just trying to decide which to buy. thanks for your feedback

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Pal of mine has one on his '04 Ultra

I've got the adjustable backrest by H-D on my Ultra (which I really DON'T care for because the pad does NOT pivot ON TOP.) My pal has the Mustang which DOES pivot on top. His is a lot more comfy than mine. I also have a Mustang seat and backrest on my sporty and it beats the H-D backrest like a red headed stepchild (that farted in church):)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ks how wide is your HD backrest and does your buddies backrest mustang backrest match the stock HD seat?

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Someday hope to get one on my FLHR. Going with Mustang, cause adjustable. If HD made a god seat have replaced with MUstang in the first place.

·
banal
486 Posts
Back when I rode with a Mustang seat on my RK, I found the Mustang backrest to be uncomfortable, and I prefered the Harley backrest. This is the same backrest that fits the Ultra. I did not like the design of Mustang's adjustable set screw, which I never could keep set in place. Course I ride on a Corbin now, so obviously I wasn't too happy with the Mustang in the first place.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Little smaller than H-D's adjustable

1potter1 said:
Ks how wide is your HD backrest and does your buddies backrest mustang backrest match the stock HD seat?

His backrest is smaller than mine...Like I said before....I've got the H-D adjustable and there isn't ANY adjustment up or down cuz the tail of the backrest is extended all the way just to hook into the mounting bracket (thru the slit in the center of the seat) And it the pad itself does not pivot(On the H-D). It's hard fastened to the top of the bracket. All the pivoting is done at the bottom of the backrest bracket.(It's worthless IMHO) The mustang has a swivel on the back of the pad and an adjustment for forward and backwards. . As far as matching the stock seat, I'm not sure cuz he has sheepskin covers on both...(so do I).......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts