V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I had my choices narrowed down between the Corbin dual touring seat, and a similar model from Mustang. Then I found out Mustang seats are made of vinyl, where Corbin is leather. Am I over reacting? Would one be preferred over the other? The Mustang seat cost's much less.
Thanks in advance.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
polar said:
Then I found out Mustang seats are made of vinyl, ...
Wow, I did not know that, I checked on Mustangs's web site and sure enough its true.

That said, I have a Mustang Regal Touring seat for my RoadKing, very nice. Ordered it from directly from Mustang and it was at my house in 2 days.

wyo

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just rode 3000 miles from St. Louis to the Big Horn Mountains and surrounding areas in Wyoming and back on my Mustang seat. My butt never wore out, never got tired and I would have sworn I was on the finest leather made. I'm truly surprised to find out the Mustang seat on my Wide Glide is vinyl -- obviously the finest imitation you could ever ride on. Even the leather folks at King Saddlery in Sheridan, Wyoming, didn't pick up that the seat was vinyl after touching it!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Got a corbin on my fxd and just got a mustang wide studded solo with driver backrest for my flstc. didn't know it wasn't leather. did notice I sweated (Texas heat) more on it. kinda pricey for vinyl (400.00). wish I'd gone corbin again. sit more in their seats than on them. probably will end up ordering ANOTHER (corbin)seat for the flstc even though their customer service sucks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
truckman said:
probably will end up ordering ANOTHER (corbin)seat for the flstc even though their customer service sucks.
You aren't kidding about their service...just try and get them to take a seat back, much less even call you back !! I do like their seats though. Feels firm, but at the end of a long day, they are still comfortable.

tbone

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Eagle_Woman said:
Just rode 3000 miles from St. Louis to the Big Horn Mountains and surrounding areas in Wyoming and back on my Mustang seat. My butt never wore out, never got tired ...."

I'm sorry but I must say HELLO! :D

You sound like a great woman.

I know I deserve to be slapped, but..... HELLO! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.