V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whos got the ultimate scoot, fire breathing dragon, tire melting tq. and hp monster, king of the hill, eat my dust, take your ping slip, make the dolls meow best looking bike here..

Ps: I know its not me, but we see some picks, and know why yours is the best.= Competive spirit.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Not the king of the hill, I'm sure, but it's all I want it to be. 103 by HeadQuarters with 112hp and 117ft lbs; 100ft lbs from 2200rpm. Change the seat to a sundowner, click on the backrest/rack/tourbag and the saddlebags and I'm power touring with the wife. Wet weight is 620 in street solo mode and it's got Sputhe engine mounts and aluminum swingarm as well as aluminum rims w/an 18" on back. Also has 3 Lyndall composite discs...yeah; it cost a lot but I could never afford to buy my old hemi GTX back.

Attachments

·
banal
486 Posts
sharkey said:
Not the king of the hill, I'm sure, but it's all I want it to be. 103 by HeadQuarters with 112hp and 117ft lbs; 100ft lbs from 2200rpm. Change the seat to a sundowner, click on the backrest/rack/tourbag and the saddlebags and I'm power touring with the wife. Wet weight is 620 in street solo mode and it's got Sputhe engine mounts and aluminum swingarm as well as aluminum rims w/an 18" on back. Also has 3 Lyndall composite discs...yeah; it cost a lot but I could never afford to buy my old hemi GTX back.
I like this one a lot.

·
In disguise
2,727 Posts
CarbideDude said:
I like this one a lot.
I do too. A Harley built to go fast and handle.

Sharkey: Are those V&H StraightShots HS pipes? If so, do you know what diameter the headpipes are? I'm wondering if HS slip-ons will mate up to my originial-style StraightShots headpipes.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Thanks guys; the pipes are Stepped Drags with quiet baffles; got 'em on a closeout at Dennis Kirk. It does handle well for a hog.....and will carry the front wheel thru second and pop up catching third. Here's a shot without the bags.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Initially was going to use Brembos; took a chance on the Lyndalls and would choose them first again. No fade or squeal in fast two-up mountain riding, rotors waranteed for life, simple blot on with carrier and button options to suit your bike, loose significant unsprung weight and made in the US of A... sounded like an ad, eh? Oh yeah; they feel like they stop far better than the stockers

·
banal
486 Posts
Is that it? Man I was so looking forward to this thread, but only one contender?

By the way Sharky you don't say anywhere, but is that gem of yours one of the Dyna T-Sports?

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
In the process of building a muscle bike now. It's going to be lean, no frills, 200mm rear tire, prolly in the 500 lb range and a 114" (4-1/8" x 4-1/4") big twin that is going to be stepped on hard. Engine software says 140+hp/tq, the engine builder says he routinely exceeds what the software predicts. It should be done by next spring.

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1161197&postcount=58h

·
Registered
63 Posts
I see so many bikes with big inch engines, but they have apes, skinny front tire forward controls. How can you really go fast with that combo. Maybe in a straight line, but even at that, how well can it handle at high speed.

I would prefer a hot rod bike, maybe not as much HP, but handle well. Right now I ride with some guys that can out accelerate me by a little, but with forward controls or floor boards they just can not out corner me. And I love twistys.
They say they can catch up to me in the straights, but that is because I am waiting for them.:D

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
CarbideDude: Yeah, it started as an '01 T-Sport. Hope nobody's offended at "butchering" a scarce bike like I did...had to look for 6 months and travel 1200miles one way to get a clean low mile bike for my project...

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
This is the Sporty I had before my current bike; 100hp/88ft lbs. Didn't quite get to finish with the chassis but someone offered me a lot of money for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
Hopefully will have my RK back next month with a 131" monster motor. Courtesy of GMR, R&R, And Randy.

·
Go fast or dont go.
150 Posts
angleflights said:
Whos got the ultimate scoot, fire breathing dragon, tire melting tq. and hp monster, king of the hill, eat my dust, take your ping slip, make the dolls meow best looking bike here..

Ps: I know its not me, but we see some picks, and know why yours is the best.= Competive spirit.
well here's my land rocket. the power delivery is eye opening to say the least. it will flat straighten your arms out...lol. you can see the rest of her in my gallery link above my sig.

toten, awesome scoot you have going there. i cant wait to see the end results. o and the engine specs as well...woot!

·
Go fast or dont go.
150 Posts
rdking2005 said:
Hopefully will have my RK back next month with a 131" monster motor. Courtesy of GMR, R&R, And Randy.
that should be the nuts. you doing the 131 off a jims case or what? the R&R billet oval port heads for the 131-139 are a great choice. when you have more specs throw them up, i would love to see them. the secret cam thing...i love it...lol.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Stratus said:
that should be the nuts. you doing the 131 off a jims case or what? the R&R billet oval port heads for the 131-139 are a great choice. when you have more specs throw them up, i would love to see them. the secret cam thing...i love it...lol.
Using the stock cases... HDWRENCH says no problem. Waiting on the new crank design from R&R to put in if going through this much trouble to build a monster. Chain drive because I don't want to be left stranded the way I whack the throttle. Everything is ready to assemble but waiting on the crank. Should be worth the wait from what I hear! :whisper: I will post pic's once done. Looking for around mid 160's for HP & TQ.

·
Go fast or dont go.
150 Posts
awesome. you def have all the right people working on it. good luck.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts