V-Twin Forum banner

Muffler Won't Seal

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  eglider05 
#1 ·
Has anybody run into a muffler that just will not seal? I'm putting on a set of Krome Werks mufflers on my 05 Eglide and have tried 2 different new clamps and I can't get the right muffler to seal completely. I've tried moving the clamp forward and then back, slid the muffler on a little further, no good.Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Rick

#2 ·
The Torca clamps stretch with use, and need to be replaced after a few uses. HD says replace them every time. I've gone 4-5 times before they quit working. I've also had your problem with mufflers and made a shim out of a strip of beer can.

#5 ·
I had the same problem with my V&H oval slip ons. I just used some high temp silicone (gasket maker) and took care of the problem. Just let it cure the recommended 24 hours.

#9 ·
well, sometimes it just will not seal. I tried the new clamps sent with the mufflers and the old clamps off the original header. For 5 bucks I took care of the problem. That is why they make form a gasket. For those stubborn leaks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.