V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I am shopping for an 06 Bobber in the Spring. Will all the lower bars, that fit Dynas, fit the Bobber? I love the look of the bike, but I'd rather have drag bars on it. I rented a Dyna Sport T in 03, I think it had fairly low bars.

Thanks

·
Registered
693 Posts
I personally think that the mini apes really add to the overall look and flow of the bike. The bars are one of the main reasons why I bought mine. I would suggest to at least sit on one and try out the bars that way before you make up your mind to change bars.

Other than that... @gree:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bars are easy...

The Super Glide is a cool bike and yes, cheaper than a Bob. However; The Super Glide has a satin engine and the Bob is blacked out.

Don't buy a bike because of the bars, they are just too easy to change. The Bob has a great look and I think 5-6 inch pullback risers with a black drag bar would look killer on a Bob. It would also put you in about the same ridung posture as the factory 6" mini apes.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Drags versus mini apes

Buy the bike for the looks, components and the way it rides. The bars are easy and frankly, fun to change. I had mini apes on my Dyna but changes them to the Wild 1 8" Drags. Love the look of the drags much more however, the mini-apes handle much nicer on the country road cruises. Any way, give'em a try and change them later if you don't like the wasy they ride. As always it's a balance between looks and comfort. Much like my wifes explanation of why she wears heels!

·
Registered
10 Posts
AA&88's said:
The Super Glide is a cool bike and yes, cheaper than a Bob. However; The Super Glide has a satin engine and the Bob is blacked out.

Don't buy a bike because of the bars, they are just too easy to change. The Bob has a great look and I think 5-6 inch pullback risers with a black drag bar would look killer on a Bob. It would also put you in about the same ridung posture as the factory 6" mini apes.
exactly what Im thinking of doing... not crazy on the apes, so dragbar + risers seems the ticket.

kelvin

·
Registered
13 Posts
sactown900 said:
Hi everyone.

I am shopping for an 06 Bobber in the Spring. Will all the lower bars, that fit Dynas, fit the Bobber? I love the look of the bike, but I'd rather have drag bars on it. I rented a Dyna Sport T in 03, I think it had fairly low bars.

Thanks
I just did the reverse. Put the street bob bars on my super glide. So I now have the drag bars all cables and front brake line. All parts will interchange. If you are interested contact me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts