V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How do I enroll in an MSF course? How much is it gunna cost? Anyone in NJ know where I can find one?

So many questions, sorry guys, but I wanna find one soon, so I can sign up as I've heard that there are lots of waiting lists and delays and whatnot involved.

Bill

P.S. I've already got a leather jacket, a solid pair of boots, and a bunch of pairs of jeans (looking into the kevlar ones.) All I really still need to get are the gloves and a helmet.

P.P.S. Oh yeah, and a bike.

B

·
0 Posts
Bill said:
P.P.S. Oh yeah, and a bike.
MSF provides the bike for the beginners course. If I recall correctly, they won't let you use your own. You do use your own bike in the expereinced riders course.

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
As far as cost, it varies by locality and how much the state government funds it. If you buy a new bike HOG and I thing a few other japanese owner groups will reimburse your cost within limits. Mine in Michigan was $25 which is nothing compared to what it costs to put on the 3 day class including bikes and instructors. Anything else you want to know is on the sites I listed. Not to rag on you but all I had to do to get you all the NJ-specific information was do a basic MSN.com search for "Motorcycle Safety Foundation" and go to their site.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
The basic course in Maryland is only $100.00 and worth every penny on your insurance premium. For New Jersey I think it is a little more, but as Maryland, they provide the bike and instruction.

Congrat's! on tacking the course! This course should be very riders first step!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did a search for "MSF" and other variations in Yahoo and got nothing a few weeks ago, figured I'd ask... Thankyou.

Bill

·
Registered
240 Posts
Pennsylvania: $0.00=beginners/$0.00 experienced

One time the state does right! :D

New Jersey: http://www.state.nj.us/lps/hts/motorpage.html

State Course Location -

Division of Highway Traffic Safety
Motorcycle Safety Education Program
P.O. Box 048
Trenton, NJ 08625
800-422-3750
609-633-9308
609-633-9020 (fax)

Sea Girt Avenue
Sea Girt, NJ
All courses offered at Sea Girt are free to New Jersey residents.

·
Registered
903 Posts
All courses offered at Sea Girt are free to New Jersey residents.
Wow! I can hardly believe it:eek:

·
Registered
276 Posts
MSF

I agree with the others ,it's well worth the time & money to take. It did'nt save me much on my insurance but the extra info is good to have under your belt. Plus if your a H.O.G. member they will reimberse you for up to 50.00 in Hog bucks good to spend at your local stealership.
Larry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts