V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen any good movies lately? Post your opinions here. I just saw the Two Towers.....totally awesome movie! I heard one critic say that it is the Star Wars of this generation.....I totally agree! Can't wait to see the third movie!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Two Towers

I have to agree. The Two Towers was an awsome flick. Just saw it yesterday. Of course I've been waiting a year (since The Fellowship of the Ring) to see it. Now I have to wait another year for the Return of the King. Also, I understand that if the other movies do well (which they have) they may do a version of The Hobbit.

There are some really interesting concepts in the production of the movie, in that they made all three @ the same time....took about 18 months, mostly in New Zealand. Anyway, a great movie & I'll see it again before too long after the crowds die down.

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
I, too, seen the Two Towers. What an awesome flick. Took the nephew, who is 4, and he couldn't take his eyes off the screen. Didn't have to discipline one time. (if that means anything) Still waiting to see the "Hulk." Haven't heard much. Can't wait for those summer flicks, either. Only because I'm looking forward to riding my Harley too the theater, of course.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
I went, It was entertaining, Go to the matinee it's cheaper. Worth seeing on the big screen, not the best Bond I've ever seen.

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
I agree with thealien. The only thing I liked about the movie was the cars! The action part was good, but the plot was somewhat dumb founded.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Best $5.00 DVD's you can buy at your local Walmart or Target store ...

Harley Davidson and The Marlboro Man

Trial and Error

Surviving The Game

Man In The Iron Mask

Let's see now ... that's five bucks for the DVD, about a quarter's worth of (pop your own) popcorn, $6.99 for the big bottle of Gato ***** (good, cheap, South American blend of Cabernet & Merlot).

Then there's all the free stuff ... (once it's all paid for)

Big screen HDTV ...
Subwoofer rumblin' the sofa ...
Beautiful wife sittin' next to me in nothing but ... priceless!

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ultra.....sounds like you know how to watch a movie right!LOL

I watched Minority Report with Tom Cruise on video last night. It was good.....not great. Think it lost a bit on my small TV. I'm starting to get the itch for one of those HDTVs. Sure wish they would come down in price!

I think Two Towers has spoiled my appetite for movies.......nothing even comes close.

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Hmmmm. Being a Bond fan from way back, I hate to hear that the movie wasn't excellent, but I'll see it anyway. Maybe I will be stirred but not shaken huh?
I finally saw Windtalkers the other night on pay-per-view. Not bad for it's type. Since seeing Saving Private Ryan the bullet hits have become old hat in the movies and is just expected as far as realism I guess.

I do like movies and agree the way to watch them is on equipment in the comfort of your own home......I rattle my neighbors windows alot! LOL

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
I too like my movies at home on good equipment, although there are some that deserve the "BIG SCREEN".......DVD Surround sound is pretty good sh!t !!!!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Deb ... I agree with your "good ... not great" rating of Minority Report. It does manage to keep your attention for two and a half hours. I think it'll be better the second time around ... a little hard to figure out what's going on at the start of the movie.

May have to break down and watch the Two Towers thing ... absolutely hated the Fellowship of the Ring though.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Way too far past reality for me ... the creatures that fight for the dark side just never seem real enough and I can't identify with the hobbit's and I have trouble with objects (rings in this case) that have magical powers to transform. Wife loved it ...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Top 10 movies that have made me laugh ... and that I can watch over and over and still laugh ...

A Fish Called Wanda
Captain Ron
Summer Rental
Who's Harry Crumb
Vacation
Somthing About Mary
Plains, Trains, and Automobiles
Overboard
Trial and Error
Weekend At Bernies

·
Registered
152 Posts
Got that right ... Nearly all Sci-Fi movies have me reaching for American Iron, the owner's manual, Enthusiast, Thunder Road, or a good cook book.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Deb ... just curious ... what is it you liked about Fellowship of the Rings?

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Well, for one thing I love sci-fi stuff......if it's a good story. I've read all the books so knew the story and they did the first two very, very well. Can't wait for the 3rd one. To me, they are right up there with the original star wars movies. I don't care too much for the new ones.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Used to love the old Twilight Zone TV series ... that's about as much sci-fi as I can take. I know I'm in the minority here ...

Do you like sci-fi over drama, action, commedy, horror, war, romance, classics, etc.?

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It really depends on the movie and and story. I probably have a favorite in all categories. But, I guess when I think about the movies that really stick with me and can watch over and over again......sci-fi probably top the list.

1 - 20 of 213 Posts