V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cant quite see in the directions on how and were the PC III mounts on my Road King. Im thinking on the back of the battery box. Any good ideas?

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
The connection is supposed to go under the battery box with the Velcro. That's where I put it when I installed mine but it never felt secure. When I had it dyno tuned my wrench tucked it all neat and clean under the right side cover. You just have to bend and twist(without causing damage of course) until it all fits. Use zip-ties to secure and you're good to go.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
There should be enough cable with it to hang/suspend it from the frame, under the LEFT side cover. The cable runs in front of the battery to the right side where it plugs into the bike. Fashion a 1 gallon freezer bag around the completed assembly{on the right side} to keep direct spray off it. You will have to pull the battery. :chopper:

·
Registered
651 Posts
I piggybacked mine on top of the ECM under the right side cover. Loosen the 2 bolts holding the ECM and run 2 cable ties beneath it leaving equal lengths top and bottom. You will see 2 slots molded on the top of the PC where cable ties can be run. Line everything up, then tighten the ECM. Place the PC over the ECM then thread the cable ties through the slots on the PC and finally tighten the cable ties.

Make the cable connections and then tuck them through the frame beneath the battery box. I first wrapped the connections with a couple of turns of electrical tape to keep water out, then wrapped the connector with a piece of foam and then covered that with a ziploc bag. Used a long-ass cable tie to secure that to the frame.

·
Registered
22 Posts
PC Location

I have a 05 deluxe and mine is under the passenger pillow. Install PC as instructions. I put a ¼” plastic spacer on the seat hold down screws and routed the cable up and located it under the passenger seat. Attached with Velcro. It is neat and secure. Another + is if you take off the pillow you have real easy access to the module for tuning. You do not need to constantly take off the seat, it’s like ride and tune!

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Mine looks about like Mikie's but I didn't have to loosen the ECM to get the zip-ties behind because there's a good gap behind it. You may want to check this if you go this route.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Tucked mine in right next to the battery in the battery box, fits there perfect. Dyno guy said one of the first ones he's ever seen come in with it in what he considerd the proper place. This is nothing like the instrutions reccomend......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts