V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible to mount a tour pack on the four rail luggage rack?
I've seen quite a few tour pack trunks for sale at various swap meets and possibly want to mount one on my flht. if I remove the backrest off the rack it looks as if it wont be to hard to mount the trunk on the rack but will it sit too high?:confused:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Tour Pac Mount

I have a 1987 Electra Glide which I routinely remove the tour pac and replace it with a 4 rail luggage rack (to give it that Road King look).

The tour pack mounts to a flat surface with four bolts, and does sit rathe high as it is the backrest for the rear seater.

You shouldn't have any problem drilling the 4 railer and mountin the pac to that. I would however, install anchor nuts on the 4 railer to makr the job of install/removal easier. If you're not familiar with these, go to you local airport and talk to someone in aircraft parts and tell them what you're after.

Good luck,

B

·
0 Posts
Paint job

That is one really nice paint job you have on your bike.

I bet it sends tingles down your spine every time you ride.

What does something like that cost?

Boar 6

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's really unbelievable. People roll down the window at a stop light and ask if they can take a picture.

It's a source of imence pride for me, particulaly when cars go by and toot the horn and give you a big thumbs up.

As for the price, I paid $2100 for it.

Cheers,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
High Center
V-Twin Forum
V-Twin Harley Davidson forum. Discussion on V-Twin Harley Davidson motorcycles including Dyna, Electra Glide, Softail, Sportster, and more.
Full Forum Listing