V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
fourty three and seven...
Joined
·
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to put together a Mt. Washington VTF meeting of the minds Spring/Summer 2006.

I plan on Starting from CT. I will meet a few Friends in Hartford area and blast up.

Any takers?
 

·
Vagrant
Joined
·
3,063 Posts
It is 638 miles for me up 95 North. I have driven up Mt. Washington and it is a hair raising event. The weather also sucks up there, always! Worst weather in the lower 48. I could be up for this event!!! Man, seems like I am up for any big ride these days. I got a problem. Here's the map.
 

·
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Joined
·
551 Posts
Like LUX said, the weather sucks there, so summer sounds better than spring.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
11,242 Posts
I am 20 minutes from Mt. Washington right now, but would be happy to meet anyone that is headed up here. As for the weather, I believe if you check, you will find that Mt. Washington it known for the wortst weather in the WORLD. Coldest ever recorded temperatures.
 

·
fourty three and seven...
Joined
·
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HD-LUX said:
It is 638 miles for me up 95 North. I have driven up Mt. Washington and it is a hair raising event. The weather also sucks up there, always! Worst weather in the lower 48. I could be up for this event!!! Man, seems like I am up for any big ride these days. I got a problem. Here's the map.
That is a huge ride for you. You are 8 hours from me and another 6 to the hill.

I would like to camp in Vermont (if folks are up to it)

Sounds cool. Lets keep the ball rolling.
 

·
fourty three and seven...
Joined
·
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
springer- said:
I am 20 minutes from Mt. Washington right now, but would be happy to meet anyone that is headed up here. As for the weather, I believe if you check, you will find that Mt. Washington it known for the wortst weather in the WORLD. Coldest ever recorded temperatures.

I will let you know. It sounds like it could be a real cool ride. I have hiked the mountain about 17 times.

This will be my first time not using my feet to propel me to the summit. We can change our break pads at your place?

Get your local buddies from MA to play with us flat landers.

The Mountain road could have some technical spots. Gravel and sharp turns. Up hill could be a real blast slipping around the truns.
 

·
Vagrant
Joined
·
3,063 Posts
P 0 P E Y E said:
That is a huge ride for you. You are 8 hours from me and another 6 to the hill. I would like to camp in Vermont (if folks are up to it).
Yeah, it would be a biggie. 8 hours in the saddle is the most I've ever done. But BillyMac and I were talking the other day about doing a ride up North someday. After Mt. Washington we'd only be a few hours from Portland Maine too. Acadia National Park is just another 2 hours North on 95. What a trip huh? Then it's on to P.E.I. and Newfoundland. Arctic Circle here I come! I have a problem.
 

·
fourty three and seven...
Joined
·
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My only limit (besides my intellect) is time. In the boating business summers are very busy.

I could do a 3 or 4 day.

.Think about it...See if you could do it. I live close to 95...we could hook up and go, or you could leave a trailer here.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
87 Posts
Popeye,

You can count me in, and if we are staying up that way maybe we could hit the Kangamangous (sp?) why we are there. I find it to be one of the best roads in the north east.If the weather ever breaks and you have time for a ride give me a call.

Rob
 

·
EASY DOES IT
Joined
·
8,914 Posts
HD-LUX said:
Yeah, it would be a biggie. 8 hours in the saddle is the most I've ever done. But BillyMac and I were talking the other day about doing a ride up North someday. After Mt. Washington we'd only be a few hours from Portland Maine too. Acadia National Park is just another 2 hours North on 95. What a trip huh? Then it's on to P.E.I. and Newfoundland. Arctic Circle here I come! I have a problem.
It's an 8 hour ride to Myrtle and that's only 450 miles, (I made it in 6 1/2 but I don't remember seeing any recognizable scenery) but no matter...I'd like to be considered for this ride as well...
 

·
Vagrant
Joined
·
3,063 Posts
swmnkdinthervr said:
...I'd like to be considered for this ride as well...
I figured you couldn't leave this one alone RideNakedAcrossNewEngland. Glad yer keeping yer eyes on it too. This would be some ride, huh? Think my stock motor will pull my sorry a$$ up that big hill? Think Wyoming's build will be dialed in by then? He might make it in 6.
 

·
fourty three and seven...
Joined
·
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Rob Roadking said:
Popeye,

You can count me in, and if we are staying up that way maybe we could hit the Kangamangous (sp?) why we are there. I find it to be one of the best roads in the north east.If the weather ever breaks and you have time for a ride give me a call.

Rob

You got it Rob. I am still riding to work every day it's not wet.

You Va. guys are most welcome to come. The logistics will be interesting for you guys. We can do this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,456 Posts
Im game if it don't cross over my trip out to the canyon.

:beer4u:
 

·
EASY DOES IT
Joined
·
8,914 Posts
HD-LUX said:
I figured you couldn't leave this one alone It'sTooDamnColdToRideNakedAcrossNewEngland. Glad yer keeping yer eyes on it too. This would be some ride, huh? Think my stock motor will pull my sorry a$$ up that big hill? Think Wyoming's build will be dialed in by then? He might make it in 6.
Your "Twinky" will do the ride just fine...Wyo will be able to do the rabbit/turtle thing though while we haull a$$ between his naps...THIS could be just the ride I'm lookin' for...long enough to still be short...:blink:
 

·
Forgetter of Things
Joined
·
2,657 Posts
Wife says I could go, too:woohoo: ...IF I get all the work done around the house:unsure:

:hmmm: You guys think you'll be going again in a couple years?
 

·
Average Dude
Joined
·
6,263 Posts
Sounds like something I would like to be in on. I live about 1.5 hrs south of Mt. Washington. I have been up there once by cog railway and twice by shuttle van. During Laconia Bike Week in June, they close the mountain down to automobiles on that Thursday and let only bikes up the road. It is sponsored by the local HOG chapter I believe. The weather is unpredictable, so it could be clear, cloudy, windy, calm, warm, cold, dry,rainy, etc., or any combination...from one minute to the next!
It is definitely not a ride for the feint of heart, nor the inexperienced rider. No guardrails and steep drops right at the edge of the road. A white knuckler for sure.

Lets Go!!!!

YB
 

·
fourty three and seven...
Joined
·
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
xkvator said:
Wife says I could go, too:woohoo: ...IF I get all the work done around the house:unsure:

:hmmm: You guys think you'll be going again in a couple years?
It will be an annual event.....at the very least.
 

·
EASY DOES IT
Joined
·
8,914 Posts
DynaCruizer said:
Could always attempt a rendezvous sometime during Laconia. In any event, I'm in. I'll have to keep an eye on this thread.
We could make it a more centralized rendezvous and organize it around an event like stated above or numerous others along the east coast...or find biker friendly campgrounds/hotels and have our own shindig...better yet meet at a central location and blast off for parts yet undetermined...yeah I'm gettin' into this idea!!!
 
1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Top