V-Twin Forum banner

Mount / Supply Power to Garmin 2610

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  05 Ultra 
#1 ·
How did you provide power to your 2610 and what did you use to mount it?

#4 ·
sixgun95 said:
Guess I should of mentioned this will be an install on an 05 Ultra. Thanks for the link though, sweet install but not possible on the windscreen on mine.
My buddy has a 2610 on his EGlide. Its mounted using the same setup except he uses a handle bar clamp. I believe its underneath the handlebar on the left.

#5 · (Edited)
2610 GPS mount

sixgun95 said:
How did you provide power to your 2610 and what did you use to mount it?
I used garmin mount with ram mount ball and hard wired to my battery. The audio cabled one is useless unless you want a headset on. look at my link just added 2610 pics today :) and how you been sixgun? long time no talk to you lol ah well got to ride yesterday first time since nov 03 2005 damn i hate snow and yes mine is an 05 ultra kind of like yours

#6 ·
Cster888 said:
I used garmin mount with ram mount ball and hard wired to my battery. The audio cabled one is useless unless you want a headset on. look at my link just added 2610 pics today :) and how you been sixgun? long time no talk to you lol ah well got to ride yesterday first time since nov 03 2005 damn i hate snow and yes mine is an 05 ultra kind of like yours
Sent you a PM!

#7 · (Edited)
Don't give up on the 2610's audio, it sounds wonderful through the Ultra speakers and it makes the GPS a lot safer in traffic. You don't want to be watching for the next turn on anybody's GPS. Audio takes the auto-routing feature to another level.

You need a ground loop isolator to clean up that 60hz hum. You probably could do it cheaper with a notch filter. But this is a turnkey that you plug your 2610 audio into and connect a cable on the output side to the Ultra's aux jack on the front of the radio. Select AUX on the radio and you're in business.

http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/product.asp?Item=GLI

UPDATE: The version above is for a Goldwing. They've apparently dropped the version I am using. Here's one that should work with the 2610 ouput. This is one is actually cheaper, which may explain what happened to one at the other site. Haven't tried this one, so I can't vouch for it. But I bet works fine.

http://www.totallywiredcycles.com/shop/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=102

#8 ·
If you're going with (or have) the fairing mount mirrors, you can use the hole left for a ball mount. I think it makes for a cleaner install. I also used a Powerlet socket to replace the cigarette lighter and used a 90 deg. plug. That way you don't have to worry about hitting the tank on a hard left with the old style cig plug. I see no reason to "hot" wire the Garmin as it will pick up right were it left off when you start back up. Also I changed out the original fuse for a 2 amp in the fuse box. Leaving the power "on" all the time to the GPS just adds something else to worry about when you leave the scooter and take the GPS with you. Theres gonna be an always hot exposed terminal on the Garmin adapter thats sure to hit something if you drop it while trying to plug it in.
I think most on here use the RAM mount.http://65.102.174.119/rammount/productdetail.aspx?partnumber=RAM-B-149Z-GA9U Holds it very secure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.