V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to police, motorcyclist was ejected 100 feet, hitting the ground at an impact rate of 140 mph but only suffered minor injuries. Read about it here.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carrie said:
So the jacket connects to the bike, once an accident occurs and the person if flown off the bike then it inflates, ready for inpact?
That's how it works as I understand it. There is a link on the TV station web page for the manufacture of the jacket.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Carrie said:
to me that is amazing! So the jacket connects to the bike, once an accident occurs and the person if flown off the bike then it inflates, ready for inpact?
Connected to the bike? Oh, I can see me with that rig . . . give me about 2 weeks and I'll forget to unhook it when I stop and get off and the thing inflates - in front of a crowd of course. It'll be like one of those old Saturday Night Live skits. :harhar:

·
2005 Road King Classic
1,632 Posts
I saw it at a sponsor tent during a poker run a couple of years ago. It was over 500 dollars, but I guess that is worth your life.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
A: I have seen a jacket set up and it was kinda cool but not something I would wear on a daily basis, pretty bulky.
B: The accident happened in September but the story wasn't posted until Oct 12. Why is this news of the day???
C: Sorry I work in Baltimore television so I question everything.
D: How fast was he going for 140 mph impact?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
RexBuck said:
Connected to the bike? Oh, I can see me with that rig . . . give me about 2 weeks and I'll forget to unhook it when I stop and get off and the thing inflates - in front of a crowd of course. It'll be like one of those old Saturday Night Live skits. :harhar:
Like this cat; ^ I'm lucky if I remember to kick out the kick-stand, heh. But it does seem like a damn good idea.

But man, it's gotta be available in leather.

Zoo

·
Registered
594 Posts
I wonder if you could trigger it if the persons just standing there. One minute you buddy is having a quiet beer, next-instant michilin man!

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Save the $350 and just buy more beer. :beer4u:

Two of the four docs that worked on me after my wreck with the drunk that rear-ended me said that they think the reason I wasn't hurt worse was because I'm big enough that I essentially "bounced" off the pavement with the extra padding provided by years of good German food and ale.!drunk! :
For all you guys that dump on large-framed folks - see - SEE :ntlgh: ;
all that extra beef was good for something! You oughta see me in a pair of chaps. :yikes:

Some skinny little fukker woulda been dead meat. :flames:

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
This fat guy bounced, broke a wrist and bruised all over, it could have been much worse. It is not about fashion, it is about function and safety.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
I wonder how long before they become mandatory like helmets....?

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
DDuess said:
What is impact rate? Was the guy going 140MPH?
My thoughts too. If you hit a stationary object at 70 mph the impact rate is 70 mph and you dont speed up if you are thrown from a vehicle its just the vehicle stopped or slowed and you are still traveling at the prior rate, but you will be slowing down as you travel forward.

Now if you hit a car coming at 70 at you,then the 70 mph your going and the 70 mph the object is going would be compined 140 mph.Or am I missing something here.

Think there was embellishment here by the press?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts